PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
hgho

Reply with quote  #1 
I recently came across the fantastic three song medley from Joey B's wedding in 1989 on YouTube. The first two songs, and especially this particular arrangement of You'll Never Walk Alone is the most beautiful playing I've heard. I wonder if anyone have a tab or have figured it out, I've came across a couple of other TG arrangements without being the right one. 
Does anyone know the tuning of his tele in the video? To me it seems like E standard dropped down to B or even B flat. I really hope someone can help me out, I really want to learn this arrangement. 

Michel

Reply with quote  #2 
[wave]Hi,

Welcome here ! Be happy.

Attached Files
pdf You'll_Never_Walk_Alone__TedGreene-TransByRobertSmith.pdf (2.59 MB, 20 views)

hgho

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much!😊

I came across this document some days ago, assuming that the transcribed version is not the version at Joey B’s wedding. Perhaps I am wrong? Is the wedding version of this song transcribed?
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #4 
I looked at the pdf there, it says the transcription is NOT the Joey B. wedding version.

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi there, yes the transcription in the PDF above is of the CVG seminar version. Note that the Joey B version uses many similar chord structures and patterns as the CVG version, albeit in a different key (CVG chords placed down a fret or 2 depending on your strings tuning). There are for sure enough differences in the Joey B version that make it worth its own distinct transcription. If someone hasnt already done it (Francois Leduc?), I might tackle this during the Christmas break. Such a great and inspirational tune well loved by all Liverpool soccer fans.

James

Reply with quote  #6 

"Say, that lounge guitarist isn't half bad."

"Yes, he only happens to be one of the greatest chordal guitarists who ever lived."

"Right.  Excuse me now, I want to get another helping of potatoes and go chat with Aunt Bertha."

hgho

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertS
Hi there, yes the transcription in the PDF above is of the CVG seminar version. Note that the Joey B version uses many similar chord structures and patterns as the CVG version, albeit in a different key (CVG chords placed down a fret or 2 depending on your strings tuning). There are for sure enough differences in the Joey B version that make it worth its own distinct transcription. If someone hasnt already done it (Francois Leduc?), I might tackle this during the Christmas break. Such a great and inspirational tune well loved by all Liverpool soccer fans.

Thank you very much for answering. A transcription of this version and the song played before it in the video would be a dream come true. I saw that Francois Leduc had transcribed another video/part of the medley, and I have asked about this video without getting any response.
Michel

Reply with quote  #8 
Have you the link of this video ?

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE