PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
skotrock

Reply with quote  #1 
Cool write up in this months Guitar Player!
Bob

Reply with quote  #2 

Congratulation Dan! I'm sure Ted would be proud of you. We all are. Also, thanks for all you do around here. It's greatly appreciated.

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Dan!
Congrats! I also want to say thanks for all your help on this website.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #4 
Yeah man!! I meant to write something up and congratulate you. Congratulations man.  I was tripping when I saw you in there. Right on man.

Reply with quote  #5 
For those of us who don't subscribe, what is the article about?

David Bishop

Reply with quote  #6 
Yes, please post the article. I no longer receive Ted's subscriptions, therefore have not seen any guitar magazines for quite some time.

Nevertheless..... Dan Sindel - I congratulate you, article unseen, for the honor bestowed upon you!

Barbara

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi everyone, wow I am honored!!!
Thanks for all the love.

To all of a sudden stumble upon this thread is very special for me(I was just hopping up to the forums to see if any pictures of the picnic were here yet), the level of musicianship that resides here in Ted's downline is as highly skilled and musically educated as anyone could ask for and I am very encouraged by you fine people!

LOL, okay here is the easiest solution, go buy the April 08 GP mag with Holldsworth on the cover... LOL

but here is what the article says...

The article reads:
(page 36, Speaking of "The Liberty Bell", Michael Molenda - editor in chief) says)

"A lot of guitarists claim to be "orchestral" players, and the result is often dreadful to my ears, but Sindel is cagey enough to be both hilarious and enjoyable. His reading of this John Sousa march - perhaps best known as the Monty Python theme - is well arranged and goofy. It's whacked out genius!"

"I have been reading Guitar Player Magazine ever since I was a kid and to have a mention within its pages is a dream come true, what kid does not grow up dreaming he was in Guitar Player Magazine??? LOL, On top of all that it is a very lighthearted review with a nice sense of humor built in and I am very grateful for the recognition as my honest approach to recreating the Sousa marches was in fact to not be so 'grandiose' but to have a ton of fun and I really think that comes across to anyone who listens to my work on "Marching In", the music seems to transport you back to a time when things seemed perhaps a bit more simple."

hey and if you guys really want,  you can buy a copy
or download it as mp3 directly through my site or go to CD Baby
(Sorry for the shameless plug, LOL)

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #8 
Congratulations Dan! 

I just breezed through the current GP issue when it arrived, but when I saw the forum topic here, I went back and saw the editor's kudos for you.  Well deserved!  Keep them coming!

Nick  

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks Nick

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE