PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #1 
I am posting this with hope that the person who video taped Ted's Memorial Tribute held at the Grand Ballroom of the Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn, 4222 Vineland Ave., North Hollywood on August 14, 2005, would come forward and share with us a copy of his video footage. 

I sat on the left side of the Ballroom, about 10 to 15 rows back.  There was a man with long hair, standing about 5 or so rows back from the front, capturing the whole event on his video camera.  I thought he was 'for hire', but when I asked Barbara recently, she knew nothing about him.

To the videographer: Please contact me at stazzmusic@hotmail.com.  We would deeply appreciate it.  Thanks! 

Nick 

Reply with quote  #2 
I believed that clips of the concert appeared in Rich Severson's Guitar College Video vol. 11.
You might want to contact him via http://www.guitarcollege.com

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #3 

I didn't think the footage described as "memories from many of his friends" was filmed at the memorial.  Come to think of it, John Pisano or someone he knows filmed the tribute concert at Spazio about a month later, on 9-25-05.  I attended that event as well and inquired about the future availability of that video, but has since slipped my mind.  Whatever became of that?

I will check with Rich on both.  Thanks!

Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
Let us know when you got the reply from him.

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #5 

There was no official filming of Ted's memorial.  It was decided by others not to do it out of repect.  But, of course, we (I certainly) would love to see it being a fanatic about all things Ted.  Please let us know if you locate it.  There was an authorized private audio of the memorial.  Rich Severson's video tribute of Ted was done backstage at Spazio at the tribute concert (a later date).

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #6 
The footage in the Guitar College DVD #11 was Rich's and filmed at Spazio, the Ted Greene Tribute, about a month following the memorial.  Rich says he doesn't know who was filming Ted's memorial.

Nick 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE