PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings to all members of the Ted Greene forums,

My utmost goal, is to bring about awareness of the existence of Ted Greene to as many others as possible.  This is not new news I know. 
However, I sure could use everyone's assistance that have websites or blogs.  Please, all I ask is that you add LINKS to your websites and blogs to:

http://www.tedgreene.com/
http://forums.tedgreene.com/
http://tedgreenearchive.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TedGreeneArchives

Perhaps this action on Ted's behalf will generate more interest, proliferate Ted's legacy, and continue to inspire others.   I feel it is such a shame that there are still so many people who know nothing about Ted, and if only informed, perhaps they would blossom and sow even more seeds? 

Thank You all for whatever you can do to shed Ted's light everywhere! Barbara

Tues. 10/19  I know 64 people read this - but no response?????  Has anyone done this yet, if at all?

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, all I can say that I'm spreading the word the old fashioned way (I don't have a blog or webpage), and I already recommended Ted to many friends and guitar players.

I have the strong feeling that he will be studied and remembered as long as there are any human beings interested in guitar music (and harmonic knowledge).

Best,
Michael
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Mike!  I do hope you are right. Barbara

Reply with quote  #4 
My website doesn't have an appropriate place to put links.  But I've let several people know about Ted via Facebook.  I'd say that I've introduced most people to Ted by word of mouth. 

The other way is to simply play some of the stuff I've learned from the website lessons or from any of his books.  I'll mention, "hey guys, check this out.  I've been working on this Ted Greene chord progression."  Then they'll usually say "That's cool, who's Ted Greene" and then we're off as I get to tell the story of Ted.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
What would be really cool would be to have one of Ted's pieces from Solo Guitar used as part of a soundtrack for some popular movie....now that would get some attention!

Reply with quote  #6 

I am working on getting my transcriptions and lesson stuff organized and am going to start a blog.  I will absolutely link these sites!

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #7 
Jeff, Thank You! That will be wonderful! very beneficial, and a most generous  gesture on your part.

Paul, that's a great idea but...... I no longer know anyone in that field I can suggest Ted's music to, it's been many years since I worked in the movie industry, and it's changed considerably.

Thank you all for doing as much as you can to share Ted's legacy. 

Our humble webmaster suggested the link idea so I sent it forth to everyone.  Actually I still find the internet quite astonishing and totally enigmatic.

Reply with quote  #8 
Just wanted to refresh this page, as a reminder to all of us of Barbara's wishes for the goals of this website. 
Her birthday is June 15, and so I'd like to use this time thank her for all her efforts in spreading Ted's teachings and music. 
We have all benefited from her work.
Thank you, Barb and Ted, and all of you who support this website.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE