PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
countandduke

Reply with quote  #1 
Beautiful song from the Music Man, anyone have it?

Thanks

Chris

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Chris,
Are you just looking for a lead sheet of this tune, or a Ted Greene arrangement of it?  He did two versions, one in the original key of Eb, another more difficult version in the key of C, with a modulation.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #3 
Well both would be great because the lead sheet would allow me to take a stab at it but I'd LOVE to see a Ted version.

Thanks,

Chris

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Countanduke and welcome.   I have an arrangement of "Til There Was You" that Ted wrote out for one of his students.  It's a bit "confusing" but with Paul's V's wonderful compilations, I think it should be fine. 

This was one of Ted and my favorites and I will be glad to post it in July as the "tune of the month".    Thanks for requesting this beauty.

I'm am also very pleased about your response to Ted's website.   There is A LOT here.   So please try to take it in small increments or it could easily be overwhelming.   Sincerely, Barbara

Reply with quote  #5 
I'll be working on that tune next. 
It's a bit late for me to get it ready for the July additions, but I'll plan to post it here mid-month, and then perhaps have it moved to the "From Students" section in August. 
Okay?
--Paul

Reply with quote  #6 
Awesome!!!  Thank you all sooooo much for this.  One of things that I think has helped a lot is an explanation of what's going on theory wise.  I think I speak for a lot of Ted's admirers in that his songs are WAY over our heads and therefore we tend not to even attempt them or get frustrated quickly with trying to understand why and how all this stuff works.  As Barbara said, there's a LOT here and it's difficult to know even where to begin.

Again, thanks to ALL.  This website is just fantastic and I think Ted would be very happy that all us "scientists" are getting our hands dirty.  Just need to make sure I don't get burned by the Bunson Burner!!!  (Did I spell Bunson right? It's been like 20 years since I took Chemistry)

All the best...

Chris

markjens

Reply with quote  #7 
Paul,
Do you mean that you have another job other than writing up these arrangments for us? '8)  Well, thank you even more then.  I cannot imagine what kind of time it must take for you to write up these arrangements the way you do.  They are really treasured here, thanks so much for your efforts.

Mark
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE