PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
nema79

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I'm a student from an Italian music university. I'm going to prepare my thesis and because of my love for Ted's music, I decided to write a thesis about him. Now I'm reading the Barbara Franklin's book "My life with the chord chemist". I was hoping to get most of the informations to write my thesis, but I learned that it was not the right way. That is a beautiful book but not right for my purpose. I'm trying to get some ideas, can somebody help me please??? Have somebody just written a thesis about Ted Greene??? Please help me I have only 2 mounth to complete my work!

GregB

Reply with quote  #2 
Can you tell us what type of information you are looking for?  Certainly, buying and reading all 4 of Ted's books may give you more insight.  While Ted's books are known for being incredibly dense with chord diagrams I find that his written text and even the book introductions give quite a good insight into the way the thinks about music.

2 months?  Sounds like you should have started your thesis last year

Sammo

Reply with quote  #3 
Also, Mark Levy/Deparko lessons are goldmine for almost everything else, why not thesis too. They can be found here Converting lesson tapes to digital .
nema79

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you, I'll try you tips as soon as!
kontiki

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
2 months?  Sounds like you should have started your thesis last year 

or 4 years ago! 
can you be more specific with your thesis topic? 

Reply with quote  #6 
Dear Nema, Thank you for purchasing my book and for thinking it beautiful.
As for your thesis, I am sorry that my book did not cover the material you need, but that is not what I intended to write.  However, I and many others are willing and trying to help but we need some definitive information about the nature of your thesis.  The sooner the better, considering the time constraints.
All the best to you,  Barbara

Reply with quote  #7 
It seems Nema may want more musical concepts if it is a thesis for music school.

Reply with quote  #8 
If he's only starting his thesis now and I don't think he's graduating this year.

Or, maybe we've been scammed.  Oh well.

nema79

Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks to all of you! I'm trying to define the main index of my thesis and as soon as I'd like to show you and listen to your advises.
And thanks to you Barbara especially! I'll take this chance to ask you a favour :
as I need a few some informations that are actually missing from the bibliography I collected, could I ask to you some questions(directly on this forum or in a private e-mail message  at  pluciani79@hotmail.it)
I'll kindly wait for your answer and keep on working  meanwhile...
Bye!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE