PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
markjens

Reply with quote  #1 
Has this arrangement ever made it onto the site?  I don't remember seeing it, and it recently came to mind and it doesn't seem to want to move out '8)  Hope you're all having a wonderful autumn, and that your music is blessing you as mine is me. I am having a pretty fruitful time of it lately, and I'm thrilled just hanging onto the guitar.

Mark
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Mark,   Not yet.  All I have is a version that was written specifically for a student, I'm not even sure it is a completed version.  I will take a look at it for you.  It is a beautiful piece.   

Reply with quote  #3 
I'll also check on this piece.  If I can I'll do a compilation page of whatever Ted wrote.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #4 
Yay Paul!  Whatta guy!  I'd say THE MOST HELPFUL to these Forums and to me.  No one but Ted was more humble when praised than Paul. 
Paul, you are the best!  Barbara

Reply with quote  #5 
Paul, I've got to tell you - you have done so much to make Ted's music accessible to me and I cannot thank you enough.  Barbara's tireless work in what must be a literal mountain of paperwork must take superhuman effort sometimes, but your compilation of Ted's music into formats that my old self can decipher is just so wonderful.  Thank you both for what you do for all of us, but thank you from the heart for allowing me access to this beautiful music.  I was listening to Ted's Solo Guitar again and it just puts me in the most wonderful frame of mind.  Then when I can sit down and actually play some of his stuff, it is more than I could have ever hoped, even from the first time I checked into the website here.  Thank you both!!

Mark
PaulV

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi guys,
Here's Ted's arrangement and my compilation pages for The Nearness of You.  It was written out for a student during a private lesson, so it was tailored for that student.  Ted would certainly have played a much more elaborate arrangement when he played it himself.
I wanted to post it here in the Forums first, and then if Barbara approves, we can move it to the "From Students" section for December.  At that time I'll post it as a better quality .PDF file and include some comments and a couple of fingering suggestions. 
It's a very sweet song, and the arrangement isn't too difficult.  Ted didn't write anything for the ending, so I went ahead and added some chords that seemed somewhat consistent with the rest of the arrangement.  My chord names and chord forms are in blue ink (if you don't have a color printer you'll have to mark them on the print copy).  The chord names listed directly above the notation are the basic fake book changes.
I hope you enjoy the Ted Greene arrangement...I certainly do!
--Paul

Update:
The files have been move.
Here's a link to the "From Students" section with the files, etc.
http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/TheNearnessOfYou.asp
--Paul

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for your kind words, Mark.  It means a lot to me to know that others are benefited by and enjoy my compilation pages.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #8 
 Hey Paul, I think you forgot to add the attachment. At least I don't see it in the above posting.
Thanks in advance for it though.
Tim

PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Tim,
Yeah, they were there, but when one does an edit in the quick mode, the attachments somehow get buried until you go back and do an "advanced" edit.
Sorry....they're back now!
--Paul

Reply with quote  #10 
Paul, Thank you so much! Above and beyond, always. Barbara

Reply with quote  #11 
Wow that was quick!  I appreciate it, and cannot wait to get the boys off to school and work on this one.  Thanks so much!

Mark
earsoup

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Paul, that's a very nice arrangement.
JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #13 

Paul, as always...if we ever meet, I owe you a beer, diet coke, soy latte, whatever...your choice!  Thank you!

WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #14 
Paul,  Leon White directed me to your transcriptions.  They are great.  I am another grateful person.  Thank you for your work.  I'm also in your debt.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.  I'm pleased if anyone benefits from these compilation pages by making Ted's arrangements more accessible.
Please note that the files have now been moved to the "From Students" section.
--Paul

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE