PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings!  If you go to the Home Page and scroll down a little you will find a link to the original Wes  article written by Ted.   Enjoy.  B.

(Thanks Dan for putting this up for everyone!) And thanks lawyercharles for mentioning it!

Reply with quote  #2 
Man- I thought I had that, but I guess not- what a great article! An awesome man talking about an awesome man! Ted was so articulate- i guess in life overall- its really quite amazing. I learned so much from reading that, I can't wait to read it again. I've always loved Wes, and this article made somehow love him even more. Thanks Barbara!
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotrock
Man- I thought I had that, but I guess not- what a great article!
You probably did because Guitar Player magazine printed an edited version of it years ago.

Reply with quote  #4 
It is GREAT to actually be privy to the "un-edited" version and really get the in-depth meaning of the story.

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #5 
Yes. I understand they did edit it when reprinting it.  Leo and Zorro were a couple of characters! Student's of that era probably all new these two cats well. 

L
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #6 
Greetings,  I think this might be the original 1980 Guitar Player article.  I'll  post it here for now.  Later I will ask Dan Sindel to move it to the "website" under articles and interviews.  Things are always getting lost in these forums.

There is a picture of Ted with Zorro and Mozart on the last page of "Ted and Barbara "family" photos.     

Files moved to http://www.tedgreene.com/personal/articles.asp 

Reply with quote  #7 
Regarding the above post.  The page order got mixed up! Sorry.

Reply with quote  #8 
Hello Charles!   Thank you again for your  kind words and comments.  You seem to be such a very gracious person,  a welcome rarity these days.
Forgive me if you are already aware of this, but since you mentioned the scarcity of Ted's hand written material, I was wondering if you knew there was a "lessons section"? 
At the top of the forums page there is a blue TedGreene.com - if you click on that you will get to the Home page and at the top you will see "Lessons" (click on that).  There are many in which Ted gave hand written advice on how to utilize the particular material.  If you haven't already, take a look!  You will be very pleased.

Sincerely, Barbara

Reply with quote  #9 
Charles Edwards, i just want to say welcome here (if i haven't already). Your comments and posts show a sincere love for guitar and good music. I read your posts with interest.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE