PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Deparko

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings,

for those that could not get the DVD's I pushed up to google video the Guitar Institute seminar that Ted gave on une 6th, 1993.   The link is => here 

You can download this and view it using Google video player. There are also various other strategies to convert it to the format of your choice.

Cheers,

Mark

Stringfellow

Reply with quote  #2 
Cheers Mark, this is great!! Thanks for your efforts and of course, the efforts of all involved in the production of the DVD's in the first place.
These Forums really are a gold mine for musicians/ guitarists every where!
Ted continues to inspire..............

Reply with quote  #3 
Is there any video footage of when Ted Greene returns after he takes a break?

Anyway I really dug that Gypsy Blues / Jazz / Altered Dominant / scale he was talking about. I will figure how to apply it. He said that "Gypsy" Blues was the Root, 3rd, 5th, b7, #9. and then the gypsy scale was just b2 and b6 or just one step above the 1st and 5th. Interesting though. Thanks for the post.

Reply with quote  #4 

Are these Google videos and YouTube videos downloadable? 

I'm just wondering in case other people want their own copy.  I've already got the DVD's myself, but we're looking into uploading them for anyone to download and burn a copy for themselves.

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Paul,

The videos in Google are downloadable, they can be downloaded in a google video format. If you have Firefox there are other ways by which you can download. Certain extensions of Firefox helps you do that.

RonaldCid

Reply with quote  #6 

I've discovered a method of saving all those films on sites like Youtube, Google, etc.

First of all you need a piece of software called Flv Player availble free at this site

http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/article/flv-player-updated

You also need a link called Keepvid

http://keepvid.com/

Go to the film you want to save and copy and paste the Youtube link into Keep Vid and save the file.

You will have to rename the download as the name you want to give it, for instance Ted Greene - Autumn Leaves

Once the file has been saved you then have to rename the file to give it the flv extention  e.g. Ted Greene -Autumn Leaves.flv

You can then view the file using FLV player.

Hope this helps

Ron

zenguitarguy

Reply with quote  #7 
I had never seen Ted in this context! It was so beautiful to see his humor, musicality and brilliance! He was what made music important to me, he was the best in what makes music powerful and intersting!

J
jorgea

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for video link. This helps a lot.
sabukudragon

Reply with quote  #9 
i get "this video is private". It was on google video and was public...but now on youtube sadly it is not.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE