PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello friends:

I'm considering buying some of Ted's books for my nephew (starting with Chord Chemistry, of course), but I wanted to check that the newer editions are faithful to the originals.  Any changes/additions/deletions I should be aware of in the newer editions?  If there have been changes, then I'm going to hunt down some used copies.

Thanks!

David Bishop
Tucson, AZ

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear David and anyone else considering the newer editions,

I have not seen the contents of the newer editions but I have heard they have been edited. I know the cover is now generic.
Ted was not pleased about "this company" owning his books, nor the circumstances as to how that came about.
However, after that fiasco, Ted vowed to only self-publish any future material.

Unless it they are very difficult to find, and priced unreasonably, I vote for used copies of the older books.

David, there was a thread somewhere about the newer books, but I'm not sure where to tell you to look.

Comments, anyone????

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the info, Barbara.  Any further info from other list members would be greatly appreciated.

David

Reply with quote  #4 
I picked up the re-release of Single Note Soloing, Vol II after hunting around for almost a year.  They were going for a high dollar amount on Ebay since they were out of print so I was pleased to find it re-issued.  My understanding is that the content of this re-issue was not edited, only the cover. Like Barb wrote, there is a lengthy thread where folks state this. 

I haven't seen the other re-issues, but it is worth finding an older copy w/ Ted on the covers.  I see them on ebay often for a decent price, unlike Vol II. 

So, not much to add, but I wanted to pass on what I knew.
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #5 
I will confirm what Jeff said here.  The only change to SNS II was the cover.  I personally compared my original to the current reissue.  BTW, this was the third time the cover changed and obviously not for the better.  Ugh!

Nick

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the input.  I did find a used copy of Single-Note Soloing, Vol. 2 (with the red cover, not the blue) at http://www.abe.com (a great source for used books) and have ordered it for my nephew.  Nice to know that the new edition of Vol. 2 is unchanged from the original, though, even if the cover is uninspired.  The photo of Ted in his late-70s leisure suit is priceless!!!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE