PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 

**Please visit http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/default.asp to download Lesson Sheets

Here is one of Ted's solo guitar arrangements of "America the Beautiful" that was written up by one of his students, which I combined with standard notation.  It was planned to post this for the July Newsletter, but because the original page is not in Ted's hand, it was decided not to include it in the 'Lessons' section.

The original page (from the student) has no names written for the chords.  I took the liberty to include the names in red ink.  There are some nice chord moves in this arrangement, but being in the key of Ab its a little awkward at times.  I first learned it in Ab, but found it to be even sweeter in the key of A, up just 1/2 step, which allows the use of some open strings. It's pretty simple, but you'll have to work that out for yourself. 

Enjoy! and....Happy 4th of July!
--Paul

Reply with quote  #2 

"America the Beautiful" is a WONDERUL companion piece to the tune Barbara gave us in the July lesson.  Thank You!

PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Here is my version of Ted's "America the Beautiful" -- transposed up 1/2 step to the key of A.  This has essentially the same voicings as Ted's arrangement, but utilizes open strings whenever possible.  There's a few small differences, but almost the same, and certainly easier to play.
I hope you enjoy this.
--Paul

Attached Images
jpeg America_the_Beautiful,_Arrangement_based_on_Ted_Greene,_key_of_A.JPG (360.53 KB, 129 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE