PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings,  I have been adding little bits of interest on the TedGreeneArchives blog  (the link is at the top of the page).   I suppose I feel it's a more appropriate place to add thoughts, quotations and more photos.  Besides, it leaves more space in the forums for everyone else.  Of course when I have something totally relevant for the forums, I will post here. 
This is my first blog site. Having all these "places"for Ted is quite demanding - so it does have both it's good and not so good aspects.  This is something I would ONLY do for Ted - hence for you.  Barbara

Reply with quote  #2 
My favorite picture of Ted is on the blog. I really miss him when I see that picture. Thank you Barbara for all the things you have done so far. I'm reading the last chapter of your book!
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #3 
Hello Fabius,  That is one of my favorite pictures of Ted, too.  I am glad to do all the things I can for Ted's sake.  Thank you for reading my book.
Best regards,  Barbara

Reply with quote  #4 
http://tedgreenearchive.wordpress.com/reflections/celebrating-teds-50th-birthday

"Soon Ted’s 50th birthday arrived. His preference was to have a memorable celebration for just the two of us. It was a mild September day, partly cloudy and perfect for walking in ......"

One more small excerpt from my book, I thought I'd share.  This will be the last excerpt I will offer from my book. 
 I'm going for a long meditative walk today, hoping Ted's spirit will join me. 

Reply with quote  #5 
Oh my gosh, In the post "A bit of Ted's Wisdom" is that one of the famous "blue guitars"?  At first I thought it said "Bennedetto" on the headstock, but Bob's guitar had different sound holes (although the tail piece looks like Bob's design).  Then I thought it might be Linda Manzer's guitar but her's had a more green tinge and didn't have the scroll inlay on the tail piece.

I'll have to look at my Blue Guitar book tonight to see if I can place the instrument.  But wow, what a great picture of Ted and a wonderful guitar.

Judson

Reply with quote  #6 
Did Ted not have a practice of ever recording himself, on tape? All his vhs players have great recording capability! Just to think if he had a little mixer plugged in, he could have made miles of tape of his stuff, and with good quality too! Thanks Barbara for the CD you sent of his gift for you, wonderful as it is, it's just not enough..(Iguess he was busy enough )
best wishes
Judson

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Greg, it is a Bennedetto, belonging to one of his students.  Ted loved playing it and especially loved the blue color!

Hi Judson, Ted rarely recorded his practicing, it was so impromptu, he would just pick up the guitar and start playing (for various reasons) and many times that led to hours of him just "practicing" and experimenting.  He kept saying he should tape it but....  and unfortunately we have very little. 

I do have 2 CDs of Ted playing songs for me, we are conversing a bit, it is  informal just for fun, he didn't even plug the guitar in for a lot of it.  This really wasn't meant for anyone else to listen to, however considering how little there is, maybe I will make it available. (It could be a little embarrassing for both of us though.)   I need to think about it. 

p.s. Gosh Judson! I don't even remember sending you a CD!!  I guess I'm getting old, they say that is what happens.

Reply with quote  #8 
http://tedgreenearchive.wordpress.com/about/more-about-ted-on-teaching/

Also - see Reflections -  When Quincy watched the Lakers

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Barbara, thanks for posting; you dont have to share anything you don't wish too- besides we would feel quite uncomfortable being privy to the occasion.!. There may even be a tune or two there, free of conversation. You might be able to get someone to help you lift the desired selections out and make a mix of them. Having heard all of the videos, I know how much great music of his there is; every little thing he does is so full of insight and magic into styles and technique, history and humour. Gorgeous and dazzling. Thanks for writing your memoirs, just sweet and good and full of suprises! Thanks a million for your openness. I regret not getting in touch with Ted when I had a chance. I used to search for any info on Ted, (took ages to discover he even had a vinyl recording, which I had to import over). Then a student of his had kindly sent his address forward, but I didnt write. How wonderful it is to know anything at all about him and his divine humour and music.
yours
Judson        

Reply with quote  #10 
Dear Judson, 
Yes, there is conversation on the casually recorded CDs, after all, they were meant just for me.  One day someone will attempt to make a copy with just the playing. There is nothing embarrassing about our conversation (I don't think?) but still.....
I am sorry you never had the experience of meeting Ted, hence the memoirs, but as close as I tried to make him accessible - being in Ted's presence was purely magical. 
I still cannot bear his loss.

Thank you so much for your beautiful response.  Barbara

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Barbara, here's hoping we find your well and in high spirits..
I passed on the memoirs to a friend who is discovering Ted sounds, and he loves the book more than anything else! He said it was overflowing with love and beautifully captured.. Just felt you deserved to know your efforts have been appreciated and are reaching out and touching others.
best wishes
Judson
(and Marc)

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Judson,  Thank you for relaying your friend's reaction. That is what I wished for and hoped might happen, and so continue to through any means in which others find Ted.  Best to you,  Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE