PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
kontiki

Reply with quote  #1 
Just a little something I put together after listening to one of Mark Levy's lessons. I've been trying to get chromatic soprano lines using just V.2 chord forms, and I think this one came out nicely. The soprano line descends completely chromatically and i tried to get the other voices to move as little as possible as well. It's definitely Ted inspired and hope somebody out there likes it.

This exercise could be used on any tune that has a progression that goes:

I   V(optional)  vm7(minor)   I7   IVmaj7  iv(or bVII) I etc

tunes that come to mind offhand would be:

-Four  (some versions have it going to minor v and this would work)
-Misty
-There will never be another you   (starting on the Cm7 and therefore the first chord would have to be changed)

can anybody think of any other tunes that start off:   I  v  I7   IVmaj7  iv (or bVII)

please let me know if you see any mistakes and any feedback is welcome.

p.s. I was going to write out the whole thing with the B section but I just used Inkscape for the first time to make this chart so it took me longer than i would have liked.

p.p.s.  the second chord (the F7) which isn't in the realbook (i think) comes from Ted, and i think it sounds really nice in there.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE