PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
MarkScrivener

Reply with quote  #1 
Browsing the web I just stumbled across a local organization that gives free guitar lessons (and guitars) to disabled veterans in VA hospitals - http://strummingforvets.org/. The idea is to help people overcome pain and depression by helping them experience the joy of music and the joy of creating something beautiful. Since I am in San Jose and they are here in the bay area, I called John Rola (the founder) and offered to help out by providing my services as an instructor.

I wanted to pass the information along as I thought this is just the type of organization Ted would have been willing to help. I never met Ted, but everything I've read about him suggests he would have enthusiastically embraced the idea of helping injured people by teaching them how to create music.

So, in the spirit of Ted and this site, I encourage you to check out strumming for vets and explore ways to help people in need through music instruction.

Mark

P.S. I've been told some of the vets have difficulty with chord forms due to physical injuries. I'm hoping Ted's "out of the box" thinking on chord forms might help me find something that works for these people. If that fails, I do play a little lap slide - so we might just go down that route.

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Mark, An idea after Ted's own heart.  Commendable.  Heartwarming. 
Thank you for sharing your time to help others.  Thank you for sharing the information about this worthy program.    Cheers!
Sincerely,   Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE