PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #1 
Just read that Les Paul died at the age of 94.  What a life he had!!!

Reply with quote  #2 
Good afternoon Charles, Yes, Ted was an avid reader of Guitar Player and many other guitar magazines. He read each magazine assiduously from cover to cover, and made many margin notes and comments.   He kept entire collections. 

When Ted & I attended a Laurendo Almeda (sp?) tribute, Ted finally got to meet Barney Kessel.  Barney had had a stroke and was not well, but he and Ted were able to converse - mostly mutual praise.  Ted was thrilled to have met  him. 

Charles, you intuited correctly regarding the things that meant the most to Ted.  However, if he had a view from wherever he was (is), I'm sure he wished he'd not left "things unsettled".   Alas. 

Ted truly admired Les Paul and was offered the opportunity to play guitar with Les Paul at some show (?) in the latter part of the '90s.  But Ted graciously declined the offer.  

Hope I've enlightened you somewhat.  Today the temperature in So. Cal. is supposed to rival Phoenix.  Oh well, this is a semi-desert. 

I also hope you have a productive and inspired day.  Sincerely, Barbara

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE