PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
chrisfab

Reply with quote  #1 
I just wanted to introduce myself...my name is Chris, and I am so happy to have found this site.  I was given the book "Chord Chemistry" while I was still in high school, and although much of it was over my head at the time, I felt a special connection with Ted and his teachings immediately.  15 years later, it is the only book that I constantly reference.  Now that I have found this site, I feel I have a source to last a lifetime(many in fact!).

I can't thank everyone who has contributed to this site enough, but I'll try.

Thank you!!

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Chris -- welcome!
Dig in....there's plenty here to keep us all busy, and it keeps growing each month.
Please participate regularly in the Forums - we love the activity, questions, discussions, ideas, insights from everyone.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'll participate when/where I can...I've been playing for 15 years, and have been focused on fingerstyle blues/rags ala Rev Gary Davis for the past 10.  It has really helped my right hand....however I am still quite the novice when it comes to any complex theory.  I've owned a handful of Martins, currently play a really cool handbuilt Fraulini ladder braced guitar.  Looking to get a tele style guitar and a small amp to explore the fretboard....

Again, thank you all for putting this forum together...I really feel like I have stumbled over a gold  mine..

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #4 
Greetings Chris,  It's wonderful that you felt a strong connection with Ted and his teachings and I hope that continues as you discover more of Ted's treasures here.
I do feel that it is indeed, a gold mine.  As Paul said, dig in!
 Barbara

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Chris:

It's so true, and so common, for us to get Ted's books when we're young and to become completely intimidated by them.  But as we mature that changes from intimidation to inspiration.

A Fraulini ladder braced guitar!? Is that a gypsy jazz guitar? I know the old Macaferri's were ladder braced.
markjens

Reply with quote  #6 
They are old world looking guitars (http://www.fraulini.com/models.php)  Chris, welcome. I hope you find a whole world of music here and that you are short on intimidation and long on inspiration in this place.  It never fails to get my musical juices flowing (and I was one of those who feared Chord Chemistry).  Great people, great music, and a wonderful mentor.  It never gets old.  Welcome!

Mark
chrisfab

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.  I was stuck in Boston for a week and a half because of the blizzard, but I'm back home, ready to dive into everything!

Thanks for posting the fraulini website.  Todd really does some special work.  My model is an Erma with oak back and sides.

Well, time to pick up the guitar and learn some new things!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE