PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Dan52Tele

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,

I'm just after clearing something up if Ted played with or without fingernails if anybody out there knows, his sound says to me he does not, but with the dark vintage tone nails would certanly brighten things up.

If anyone could answer this then it would satisfy my curiosity.

Dan
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, hello Mr. Sawyer

The only fingernail Ted used was his thumbnail. He DID NOT use his other fingernails(he didn't even have any other fingernails!!!!)
Usually his tone came from plucking the strings very close to the neck, and sometimes actually on top of the neck.

Reply with quote  #3 

At my very first lesson, the very first thing Ted did was to look at my fingernails.  He declared they were too long, went to the back to get a nail clipper and told me to cut my nails as short as possilbe!

Dan52Tele

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Barbara, Just want to say i'm a different Dan to Dan sawyer....It has answered my question perfectly, Looking through the arrangement list i cannot wait for these to become active such as i cannot wait to play through Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!!! and other great songs!

Take care

Dan
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #5 
Sorry Dan52Tele,
I was pretty sure Dan S. knew the answer to your question so I was wondering why he would ask. And he didn't. It was you.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE