PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Greetings everyone!
For those who still want to read My Life with the Chord Chemist:

The book is temporarily unavailable because all the typos had to be corrected. I will be receiving the proof copy and as soon as I check it again! it will be resubmitted to Amazon.com for all who still wish to read it.  The process will take about two weeks. 
Thanks for your patience.

Barbara

Reply with quote  #2 
My Life with the Chord Chemist is once again available on Amazon.com

Barbara

Attached Images
jpeg _PROMO_MyLifeWithTheChordChemist_IMAGE.jpg (23.35 KB, 8 views)

morroben

Reply with quote  #3 
I just finished the main section of the book...still have Ted's self-interview to read.  I have to admit that I was skeptical when I ordered it.  Just because someone has great insight into a person doesn't necessarily mean they can write a good book.  But it turns out this is one of the best musician biography type books I've ever read.  Very well done.
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Morroben,
Thank you very kindly for such high praise. I really tried my best. I knew it was not possible to appeal to everyone, but I am so grateful to be able to please you, and that your taking a chance proved worthwhile.
 My humble thanks, Barbara

Reply with quote  #5 
You're quite welcome, and I hope that my skepticism didn't come across as an insult.  I truly didn't mean it to be.  You just never know.
I read a ton.  It's high praise if I read a book cover to cover in a sitting, which I could have done with this book.  It's even higher praise (from me anyway) when I realize I'm about to kill a book in one sitting and force myself to ration/budget it out over a few days.  I did that with this book.  I knew I didn't want to ruin all the fun in one day, so I limited myself to 50 pages a day.
It was a great mix of your semi-outside observations (meaning outside of Ted himself) and Ted's notes that were mixed throughout.  I'm guessing you kept a pretty good journal yourself.  I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, much less the course of activities for a day 5-10 years ago.
Anyway, again, well done.
-Ben

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE