PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
thomas

Reply with quote  #1 
On the website's "Tunes" section, there is a My Funny Valentine_2 in notation. I have a Ted sheet that appears to be a chord grid outline for the same arrangement. It's dated a few months prior to the My Funny Valentine_2 arrangement. It is a bit simpler, but it's clearly a prototype for the more elaborated My Funny Valentine_2 arrangement, using most of the same voicings and moves. I can email a pdf if you'd like to put it up. It would go along well with the notation version.

It's a sheet dated 9-12-74, and it also has "A Patch of Blue" and " Secret Love" on it.
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Thomas,
Thank you for offering these sheets. No need to send them as I do have them here.  (Valentine & Time After Time)
Perhaps I should start posting the comping sheets - honestly I just keep forgetting to do it!  And there are a lot of them!  Thanks for reminding me.
Best to you, Barbara

Anyone else want the comping sheets?????

Reply with quote  #3 
count me in...
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Thomas,
Yes, we have Ted's My Funny Valentine (1974-09-12) version that is combined with Patch of Blue and Secret Love.  These are not "comping studies" but arrangements.
This is a rather "messy" page, with all the grid boxes squashed on one page, and most of the boxes are crooked.  I will look into writing these up as "compilation" pages and suggest to Barbara that we post them in the near future.
Thanks for bringing it up!
--Paul

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE