PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbaralovedcats

Reply with quote  #1 
The following may be a gentleman also known as theodoregeisel to many here in the magical and musical land of TG - his personal email no longer is functioning.  If in fact this is theodoregeisel, then please pray that this valuable eternal member of the TG community will rest eternally in peace.  He was a scholar, generous soul, musical "cat," friend to us all and his posts were always rich in helpful substance.  We'd work through Bach Chorales together, via email correspondence, he taught me about figured bass notation, and he'd refer to many of the chorales as "the blues" because of the many I-V, V-I, I-IV-V movements. 

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Barry-E.-Lee-101709910

RIP BL,  Thanks for your wonderful paradigms related not only to TG and his life's work, but also to Van Eps, Bach's chorales, Barry Harris, Howard Rees, Alan Kingstone, theory, such as your 4/6/11 post where you contributed the following site-  http://www.musictheoryexamples.com/index.html , and Ted's voicing groups well before the beautiful work on ted's VG system was shared by James, Paul, Leon and of course dear Barbara. 

Just like his post on 1/25/10 directed to dear Barbara where BL was offering words of gratitude to dear Barbara, it is fair to say we all owe a thank you to this fine eternal and now honorary TG community member. 

I'll miss ya',  "blee,"   I thought you'd always be around to offer your own special brand of humanity.  Enjoy your time with Ted, Barbara, Bach, Van Eps, Mr. Poole, Lenny B, GVE and your other favorites.  See ya' in the sky some day.   

BLC
PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Sorry to hear that.  I recall several posts in the Forums from him.
I do recall some conversations about Ted's V-System, and asked him if he understood it. (Barb and I were hunting for people who may have been taught the system until we finally "found" James Hober.)

Reply with quote  #3 
RIP mate.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE