PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
James

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Leon White,

At some point, I recall that you said that you were working on a book about open chords, beyond the beginning ones that every guitarist learns.  Chords up and down the neck that use open strings.  The kind used by singer/songwriters, folk musicians, even today's classical guitar composers.  They may be triads with an added open string.  Or other kinds of chords that include one or more open strings.  (Some can be quite difficult to name, especially in isolation.)

Ted, of course, knew about these chords but was interested primarily in chords he could easily transpose (those without open strings).  His sheets rarely show open strings except for low open E, A, and D bass notes occasionally.

So, Leon, what happened with this project?  Did it get shelved?  Any plans to finish this book and release it?  If not, will you ever release the material you have prepared so far?

(Sorry to ask you publicly but I think this might be a question that would interest others besides me.)
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #2 
still working on it.  the topic doesn't lend itself to as much organization as other chord forms because of the 'single' position nature of the chords.  about 6 months out from now.
L
James

Reply with quote  #3 
Looking forward to it.  I have a deep love for these kinds of chords and have explored them a lot myself.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE