PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
guitarnerd24

Reply with quote  #1 
I dont know if there is any else on this site lie me but i have tons of trouble playing and deciphering Teds tune sheets. I propose the idea that for those of you who can play his arrangements of songs fairly well that, if possible post a vid of you playing it. It could be a way for all of us to grow together in our playing.
skotrock

Reply with quote  #2 
I've thought of that as well- I think its a great idea
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Sam and skotrock,
I hear ya!  The reason why I write up my "compilation" pages is to make Ted's arrangements easier to read, decipher, and follow.
If you haven't checked out my contributions, you might find them helpful.
http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/default.asp

Watching someone else is very helpful, and the videos of Ted offer some insights.
Other than that, what precisely do you have trouble with regarding Ted's pages?
--Paul

Reply with quote  #4 
Well right now what im having trouble playing is Georgia on my mind. I get done with the main theme up till the whole day through and then to me it stops sounding like Georgia on my mind. Im assuming that is me playing it wrong if paul has a sheet on it that would be great, I am able to read the ones that he makes.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
I've been meaning to write up Ted's "Georgia" arrangement.  When I was studying with Ted he gave me that page and I worked on it with him.  I've been putting it off because I wanted some fresh material for me, but I really do need to remove some of the cobwebs in my brain and do this one.  I'll put it on my "to do list" for Ted arrangements.
If anyone is interested in creating compilation pages as I've made, I would be happy to give some suggestions about how to get started.  All you need is any music writing program and an image editor (Photoshop or something similar).  It's really not that difficult - it just takes time and getting your head inside of Ted's arrangement.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #6 
That would be awesome if you could do that. in the mean time does anyone have a basic version of georgia on my mind?
PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Sam,
I posted my compilation pages for Ted's "Georgia on My Mind" arrangement in the Forums here:
http://forums.tedgreene.com/post?id=3859111&pid=36330349#post36330349

Hope it is helpful.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #8 
Thank you Paul Thats perfect!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE