PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #1 
http://www.tedgreenebookeditions.com/index.html

I stumbled across this site the other day. Interesting info on the books, and quite a lot of cool photos too.

Reply with quote  #2 
That's a great link with lot's of great info. I've often wondered about Ted's Memorial and was expecting to get alot of info on it in Babara's book, but oddly enough she didn't speak about it, nor anything after Ted's untimely and tragic death. I wanted to ask the question here in the forum as well, since a few members here must have been present. Does anybody care to contribute?

As for the link (site), I think it's very complementary to this one, with lots of useful and interseting info and some really great pictures. Thanks for posting!

P.S.  in the memorial video there are a few very interesting things that were said. Like something to the effect that Ted recorded a personal album for Barbara. Is this true? And that he had numerous home recordings he made for himself? 

Reply with quote  #3 
As far as I know:

Ted did not make an album for Barbara.  He did make some recordings for her.
He did record things for himself, like playing some lines and then transcribing them (sort of a verbal notepad).  He also made some tests of echo/slapback reverb etc that were not musical per se. The recordings I've heard are of poor quality. 

There is also supposed to be some lessons or get togethers with the late Emily Remler (?) and the now famous "Lenny Recordings" made when he got together with Lenny Breau in person to chat and play. 

But, the overwhelming majority of stuff is what his students recorded during lessons. 

And "yes" we will try to bring more audio to the site. But again I ask, where are the transcribers of the current audio or video? 
You're all welcome here.   

-L
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE