PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
MarkSpangler

Reply with quote  #1 
This summer I bought a pile of old GP mags at a garage sale. Thought folks here would enjoy this review from the March 1978 issue.

Ted Greene, "Solo Guitar." Recognition comes hard for an artist who rarely appears in public, and yet in Los Angeles -- a city of awesome competition -- the virtually reclusive Ted Greene acquired a reputation through word-of-mouth as one of the best guitarists in town. Finally, after years of speculation among L.A. guitar aficionados, Ted has released hs debut album, an instrumental. It is stunning. Though the material is primarily a collection of standards, the sheer quality of its musicianship is such that guitarists of all styles will likely appreciate it. Greene's arrangements result in reflective, moody renderings; "Send In The Clowns" is especially poignant. Though he has experimented with pickups and guitar circuitry, his LP is one in which pure artistry is highlighted -- not with the use of studio gadgetry, but with the lack of it: no overdubbing, no special effects; even noise reduction systems were shunned so as to avoid interferring with the tonal colors of the instruments. Ted Greene is a guitarist's guitarist; his finesse could hardly be overstated.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for sharing this, Mark.  I don't think I ever read that review.  Good to bring it to light.
--Paul

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE