PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
guitslim

Reply with quote  #1 
Thanks to Barbara and Dan et al  I received the DVD today.   What a great document of Ted playing a gig .  Casual, relaxed ,and talking to folks...   this is truly a picture of how he played. Fantastic for those of us outside Southern California who never were  able to hear him in person.   Fine sound and picture too  BRAVO !!

many thanks
                                Greg

JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #2 
I had mine waiting for me when I got back from a week-long business trip.  This is the first full-length exposure I have had to seeing Ted play.  Having only heard him over the years, it was wonderful to actually see him.  Watching him reminded me of what he said about Bach in one of Mark's lessons...he is in complete control of every note in every chord.  I am inspired beyond words to work harder (and jealous of all of you California dudes who got to see him weekly!).  Thanks to Dan and Barbara for the great production and thanks to Barbara for the kind note and quick turnaround!  jeff
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #3 
This is just a note to ease some concerns about flaws in this DVD.  There are two places within the DVD that the sound momentarily drops out and then comes back in:

"Till There Was You" from 50:10 to 50:59 (Ted stops to talk and then the picture fades out)
"Make Someone Happy" from 1:37:06 to 1:38:29 (clicks back in on "S'Wonderful)

These are in the master DVD and not individual flaws on your own personal DVD copy.  Please do not return it as defective!  I was able to compare this with an earlier version of this DVD and found that the newly remastered DVD has a even better looking picture, a really cool splash page for the main menu, and the sub-menus are divided up into individual songs, so you can revisited your favorite songs with ease.  The places where the sound drops were edited out in the previous version.  My feelings on this is that it is better to have it all than not, kind of like reading 'lips', but in this case 'fingers'.  The bottom line is that those drops outs are on the original 1989 source media. 

Here are some other observations I have made:

"Makes Someone Happy" really starts out as "It Never Entered My Mind".   
There is one blank chapter frame in the menu that should be titled "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face".

To all of you who have not ordered:  This is a MUST HAVE DVD!  Beautiful guitar arrangements, quality picture and sound.  Ted at his best!

Anyone else?

Nick

Reply with quote  #4 
Oh my goodness yes! You have GOT to have this one.  I cannot tell you the joy it brings to see Ted in his musical space, almost like a musical stream of consciousness (but really hard).  I have had the best time listening, and I am doing my best to just digest it for a while rather than worrying about stealing licks.  I just want to kind of live with the phrasing and movement within the chords. Loving it, and thank you so much!

Mark
omobob

Reply with quote  #5 

perfect...

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #6 
Nick, thanks for clearing that up (about the dropouts). Yes, this is Ted in his relaxed and flowing mode. When he finishes a song he's never sure which tune will be next, but he usually makes a smooth transition. There's a music stand just out of sight that you'll see Ted glancing at now and then. It simply holds song lists with hundreds of tunes. Ted was trying to play songs that day about love since it was a wedding! You can see him thinking about what to play next. Often he will modulate during a tune (and not always at the obvious places) to keep things interesting. Sometimes this is because he has decided he doesn't like the key he started the song in.

Reply with quote  #7 
Run, don't Walk !!    to your computer and order a copy of this DVD. All of  Ted's concepts and techniques are there to hear, see and study  or just enjoy like any performance DVD.   And  Dig ,   40 songs,  try to find a commercial video of this length
      Don't let this one get away from you.
         Greg

JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #8 

I have had the chance to spend a few days looping this video (thank you, video Ipod!).  I go back and forth between just wanting to quit playing altogether and wanting to quit my job and practice 12 hours a day.  I am in complete awe of how much music pours out of this one guy.  To have that much music stored away and to then access it, improvise arrangements, interludes, modulations, etc..all while chatting w/ guests!  Man.  And then there is that TONE!  This might be the most staggering piece of playing I have ever seen.  Honestly.  Thank you again, Barbara and Dan, for taking the time to put this together.  It means a lot to me.

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #9 
Adam Tyler & Dan Sawyer get the credit for remastering the video to the best of their ability, putting in hours & hours & hours of work on on top of their busy schedule.
They both know already how much I appreciate their efforts, but I wanted to let everyone here know too.

Dan Sindel & I are just trying to make sure everyone who wants one gets one.

Barbara

Reply with quote  #10 
Two thumbs up! One for Adam and my other left thumb for Dan!

Dan,  I noticed the song list taped to the top of Ted's Tele, but he never seems to look at that!  I realize Ted was trying to be thematic about Love and Romance, etc., which makes it a little humorous when he starts playing tunes like "It Never Entered My Mind" and "Killing Me Softly With His Song". 

Nick

Reply with quote  #11 
Great DVD!  Thanks to Adam, Dan, and Dan, and Barbara for making it all come together and putting it in our hands.  I'm sure after the current supply runs out there willl be continuous requests for this one.
--Paul

Reply with quote  #12 
Where can I send the Envelope too!!! Ive read that Barbara is setting a May31st deadline please help!! I have money!!

Reply with quote  #13 
Hey Chemchords, try this link..

http://www.tedgreene.com/JoeyB_DVD.asp#1

You will be BLOWN away.  I have turned so many people onto Ted by showing them this video. 
ChemicalChords

Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks man got the info. Do I send out an envelope that can fit the dvd or do I just send out a normal envelope? Do I mail you an envelope within an envelope? Thank you.

Reply with quote  #15 

I sent a small padded envelope inside a larger mailer.  The disc comes in a paper sleeve so the extra protection can come in handy.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE