PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
kontiki

Reply with quote  #1 
I had the pleasure of introducing Barbara to Duruflé's Requiem via this forum. She told me she thought it was very beautiful and that she was sure that Ted would have loved it. It also happens to be one of my all time favorites so I thought it would be appropriate to arrange something from there and dedicate it to her to show my gratitude.

The arrangement went pretty quickly (with the specific tuning) but was bogged down for weeks because of a few  measures (this always seems to happen to me). But I finally finished. So here is "In Paradisum"  from Duruflé's Requiem. It's bathed in reverb to simulate a church setting. I would have liked to have a moog taurus pedal to get the low end and do justice to the piece, but you can't have everything.

Reply with quote  #2 
Beautiful!
Thanks Mike.

Reply with quote  #3 
A wonderful gesture, nicely performed!

Reply with quote  #4 
A beautifully fitting tribute.  Reverb and Ted. . . well we all know how he loved THAT! And a piece for Barb.  Thank you so much for your participation and contribution.
Leon
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE