PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys,
Well, the April Newsletter is now up and "most" of the new lesson pages have been posted.

http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Our Webmaster, Dan Sindel experienced some health complications before he finished uploading all the new files, so we'll have to wait until later this month for the following:
three V-2 pages in the "V-System" section, and an updated version of "Triad Spelling" in the "Fundamentals" section.
Still, there's plenty of material to keep you all busy.
Enjoy.

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks as always. If I'm lucky I'll finally get a working printer this month and make myself a "Ted book of Knowledge" from the lesson pages here to study... Get well soon wishes to Dan Sindel!

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Dave,
Well, that will be a big book!
I started printing out the arrangements years ago, and it got huge very quickly. 
Right now I print out the ones I like to play/work on.  The other ones I use the computer screen to view them.
I know some visitors here print out everything as well.  And many use these lesson sheets for teaching their own guitar students.  (Ted was okay with this, and even encouraged it.)

Each month the library of posted lessons grows, and my goal is to post as many as humanly possible.  I'll let you know when we've finished any one section.....but that will be years from now.

Ted's original files filled several file cabinets (ask Leon about this, since he is now the custodian of Ted's archives, and I have copies of all [or most] of the pages as scanned files).

Any prayers and positive thoughts for Dan is appreciated.  He's had some major physical challenges in the past couple of years, but is soldiering on in his service to this website.  

Reply with quote  #4 
Heh, yes I'll probably do as you did and print a selection of the pages.

Reply with quote  #5 
Positive healing vibes and prayers for Dan!  And regarding this month's newsletter, I really enjoyed Ted's Financial Policy page and the memories of Ted's rates for private lessons.  Shame on any guitar teacher (or any music teacher period) who would cut off a student over money.

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi guys,
Okay, Dan is back in action...(now minus a gallbladder  [eek]  )  ...and the remaining April new Ted lesson sheets are now up.
There are three new V-2 pages on minor 7th and minor 9th chords.  Good and very useful stuff.
http://www.tedgreene.com/teaching/v_system_V2.asp

Reply with quote  #7 
The V-System pages being released this month are wonderful examples of how the V-System can be used to learn important fundamentals, like seeing root notes of chords that are not played but are used as visual anchors to find the location of the chord on the fretboard.  These are just great, useful, comfortable chords.

In order to be comprehensive, I had to write about highly technical aspects of the V-System in the explanations.  But I know Ted would also want the V-System to be welcoming and friendly.  Ongoing releases of V-2, V-4, and other sheets are that extended hand of friendship, still reaching out to you from Ted.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE