PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
dsindel

Reply with quote  #1 
“Ted Greene was a guitar giant! Music effortlessly flowed out of him in the greatest and most inspirational ways.  My Life With The Chord Chemist is an in-depth look at a brilliant genius and should be staple reading for anyone interested in understanding the life mission of a compelling and passionately dedicated guitar icon.” – Steve Vai

http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Chord-Chemist-Apotheosis/dp/1449575579

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
wkriski

Reply with quote  #2 
Great stuff!

Reply with quote  #3 
This is a 5 star ***** quote 

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
I was wondering if Steve Vai ever studied privately with Ted.  I did a Google search and found this announcement in the Musician's Institute (GIT) for an upcoming seminar by Ted on June 10, 2004:

"Legendary guitarist and teacher Ted Greene returns to GIT for another of his ever-popular open counseling sessions on Thursday, June 10.

Greene is widely considered to be one of the greatest living masters of the theory and application of harmony to the guitar. He is the author of four seminal guitar instruction books (including the classic Chord Chemistry). Greene's dexterity and originality as a guitarist are matched only by his patience and insight as a teacher, and his ideas have influenced the playing of hundreds of students including Steve Vai."

Barbara, do you have any recollections about Steve and Ted?  Maybe some notes from those lessons?  It would be interesting to know what kind of material they discussed.
--Paul

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE