PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #16 
Duh!  [confused]  I confused saxophonist John Klemmer with composer John Klenner.  Not the same person!  John Klenner is correct for "Just Friends".

Reply with quote  #17 
I've looked pretty quickly through some of these--I've played them forever, but never did the work of writing them out.
I see things that seem like mistakes to me, but by and large these seem really good, and anyone who wants to see how Ted was thinking will learn a huge amount here (as in "for the rest of your life").

As James says, we can all miss details that others will hear. The old-fashined "accuracy test" is to play back what you've transcribed on another instrument, along with the recording.

Thanks to earsoup for bringing this to our attention, and to Paul for bringing it home. And a million thanks to Francois for his labor and his generosity in sharing. It was no easy task, I'm sure.
Years ago I had fun occasionally challenging friends who were (justifiably) proud of their transcribing abilities ("Charlie Parker solo?--no problem") to take a whack at Ted. Everyone was humbled, as was I. There are passages where his ear is clearly leading him, because what he's playing does not "lie well" under the fingers. Or maybe everything lay well for him. He wasn't playing the guitar; he was just playing music.
Allan
PaulV

Reply with quote  #18 
Allen,
You will be happy to know that Francois is working on some other recordings of Ted, and hopes to have them ready for us by this summer. 
In addition to the pieces he's doing I asked him to write up "Both Sides Now" which he has begun.  So we'll look forward to that little gem.

Reply with quote  #19 
Hi everybody,
Paul V. told me about this Forum so I was curious.  I made the Ted Greene solo guitar transcription some years ago and I'm constantly correcting it so, If someone noticed errors I would be happy to make a better versions. (Not Rhythm errors if possible, because a lot of the sections are played really approximately.)
Sometimes I have choose some positioning that were a bit a guess, and some voicing were possible in different way but I had to take a decision. I have tried to choose the more logical voicing and positioning.
Sometimes I have search in is sheet available in this site, and I have also watch thousands of times all his videos.
So, since I really have nothing better to do in my life, I would be really happy to receive correction, questions or ideas.
I have also done a good 30% on the joey's wedding and Paul request me ''Both sides now'' that I have start this morning (just to see how it will go).

(To Mr. Seaberry: yes I have answer you on your YouTube account) 
(To James; Francoise in French is a girls name [smile])
James

Reply with quote  #20 
Sorry if I misspelled your name.  Again, thank you.
jseaberry

Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you Mr. Leduc! I hope you will stay with this forum.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #22 
Welcome, Franck!

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulV.
Allen,
You will be happy to know that Francois is working on some other recordings of Ted, and hopes to have them ready for us by this summer. 
In addition to the pieces he's doing I asked him to write up "Both Sides Now" which he has begun.  So we'll look forward to that little gem.

Fantastic!
For all my good intentions of working on Both Sides Now, I haven't had time to do it, so thanks again, Francois.
And Joey B's wedding has some real gems. I love playing Time After Time and I Remember You. Francois, you're giving people all over the world a real gift.
Allan
Anders

Reply with quote  #24 

Hello Franck, and welcome!
Thanks a lot for sharing your transcriptions with us. Transcribe chords is no easy task, and some people will certainly have opinions on its accuracy. Anyway, you have done an incredible job, and I'm sure many Ted Greene fans will be delighted.

I agree with what Nick posted earlier, that it would be cool if we could have a separate place where we can discuss these transcriptions. Make suggestions and ask questions, etc.., I think everyone would learn from this. I've transcribed two songs from this album (Send In The Clowns and Just Friends), and I plan on checking these out with Francks and perhaps I can add something to improve his (if that is possible). It´s more fun if we can have an open, friendly discussion. It has been far too quiet here lately.

/Anders

Franckleduc

Reply with quote  #25 
Yes, i would really like to check with you these two song, every segment of Ted Greene arr. are a real puzzle to transcribe. So i'm pretty sure we can resolve some clue. 

Anders

Reply with quote  #26 
That´s awesome! Maybe you Franck (or Paul) could start a new "solo guitar transcriptions" thread in the proper forum section, where we can discuss these gems.
earsoup

Reply with quote  #27 
Frank, thank you very much for your work and your sharing, this is wonderful.

Un compatriote [smile]
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #28 
Mr. Leduc's transcriptions are in Guitar Pro, by the by, but I think the PDF is the only way he provides them.  I'd really like to hear the audio output of the transcriptions from Guitar Pro.  All of Ted's legato tempo changes etc will be approximate only, but hearing the score as written would be very helpful.

I believe he welcomes any corrections, so for those of you working through them, if you find any item that might be updated, please share it with him directly (rather then via the site).  AND, please note English is his second language, not his first (French is I believe), although I find his English to be excellenter then most of us.

A LOT of  work, a big commitment, and all to show his gratitude to Ted.  He's a pretty special guy.

Leon
AsatBluesboy

Reply with quote  #29 
It's been a while since the last post in this thread, but I found this just recently:

https://www.patreon.com/francoisleduc?ty=h

Mr. Leduc tries to earn some money with his transcriptions of Ted, Earl Klugh, Joe Pass and some other jazz-stuff. He still shares them for free on youtube, but you can also decide to support his work.

Regards Christoph
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE