PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
kontiki

Reply with quote  #1 
I was thinking that perhaps it would be better to keep all typo notifications in one spot (here), and not in the actual thread dedicated to the specific sheet since as they are eventually corrected they're no longer relevant to that thread nor any discussion of that thread for people who read them after the correction has taken place. And so a different and general place is needed to point out typos and errors. What do you guys think? anyway- there's an error i noticed while looking at this page. http://tedgreene.com/images/lessons/v_system/V-1_Chord.Voicings-ii7-V7-I.With.Connecting.Chords.1986-01-26.pdf the second to last chord on the second line reads C7b9. but the dot on the D string is on Ab/ G#. so the chord and the notation need to be corrected. It becomes a C7b9#5 and shouldn't the third chord on the same line read Fmaj9? p.s. i'd love to see some more V.1 proression stuff for the middle set.

Reply with quote  #2 
Sorry to be a little delayed in our response.  I agree with all your corrections, Kontiki, and we will work on getting them fixed.  Thank you for pointing them out.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Kontiki,
Yes, the idea of having a dedicated thread for typo notifications seems like a good one.  It reveals all the mistakes I make when transcribing Ted's works, which is good for my ego!
I've made the corrections to the V-1 page you mentioned, and it will be posted with the new items for April.
I'll also add some more V-1 stuff in the months to come.
The emphasis in the last year has been to get the whole V-System material published.  Each month we've added a new V group.  Next month is V-12, May will be V-13, and concluding with V-14 in June.
After that we'll have more variety, but most of Ted's pages are V-2, and V-1 is the second largest group.  There's little or nothing for the larger groups (V-10 thru V-14).
Thanks for the request and the typos notification.

Reply with quote  #4 
I have been looking at some of the comping pages, just thought I would mention a couple of small typos I found here before I forget:

Georgia on My Mind (walking chords, key of Gb) - bar 5, beat 4: wrong fret # for Eb chord

All the Things You Are (V-2 chords on top 4 strings) - bar 20, beats 3/4: standard notation has G-F# where Ted has F#-G
PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi arsenalca,
Thanks for catching these typos. 
I have made the corrections and will have our Webmaster swap out the files in the Teaching / Comping section of the site. 
Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until next month for him to do that. 
UPDATE:  the corrected files are now uploaded.

Please alert me to any other errors you (or anyone else) find.  I welcome the corrections!
Ted was a real stickler for details, and he certainly would have wanted things like this to be fixed.

Reply with quote  #6 
In the "solo guitar style" arrangement of ATTYA, the G7/6 on beat 1 of bar 21 should have a natural sign on the E. Also in this bar, wouldn't it make more sense for "I know" in the lyrics to be on the two A melody notes?
PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi arsenalca,
I made the corrections to "All the Things You Are" solo guitar arrangement and will post it along with the May Newsletter.
Thanks for catching these. [thumb]

Reply with quote  #8 

Looking at Summertime comping pages today. So nice to have these available.

In the Am one at bar 8, I'm not seeing a 13 in the E chord. Seems to me it should be the same as the one in bar 10 (E7#9+)

In the Cm one
     bar 4: The standard notation says D# where it should be C#

bar 9: Not sure what happened here, maybe the software chose a different voicing? Anyway the standard notation doesn't match the diagram

bar 14: Standard notation needs a flat on the A in the second chord

bar 15: Maybe kind of hairsplitting, but it should be Cm/9, not Cm9

PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Arcenalca, 
Thanks for pointing these out....we want to present Ted's pages as accurately as possible, but typos do happen!

The Am version is now corrected.  Yes, the E chord should be an E7#9+ quality.

For the Cm version:
Bar 4:  Yes, the D was erroneously listed as D#, but it should in fact be a Db (not an C# as you suggested), making the chord a C7b9+ type.
Bar 9:  Oops!  That G11 chord has the wrong notes.  It could have been input incorrectly, or sometimes notes accidentally get tweaked later during the process. 
           This has been corrected to be G, A, C, F.
Bar 14:  Yes, the flat was missing in the Bb11 chord.  Fixed now.
Bar 15:  No, that is not hair-splitting.  Ted was very precise and particular about the naming of chords, and a m/9 differs from a m9.  There is no 7 (b7) in the minor add 9 chord.  Good catch!

These corrected files will replace the current ones in the next Newsletter/New Items next month.  But in the meantime, I'm uploading them here temporarily for you and anyone reading this post.

UPDATED August 1, 2020 - Now with corrected "Summertime" in Cm.

Attached Files
pdf Summertime_TedGreene_V-1_Comping_KeyOfAm_1990-08-08.pdf (1.45 MB, 8 views)
pdf Summertime_TedGreene_V-1_Comping_KeyOfCm_1990-08-12.pdf (1.10 MB, 4 views)

PaulV

Reply with quote  #10 
Sorry guys,
The previous post for this thread had the wrong file for "Summertime" comping in Cm.  It did not have the typos corrected.
Now it does.
Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE