PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
lordamercy

Reply with quote  #1 
hi! I was in Oxfam today and found a copy of Mick Goodrick's "The Advancing Guitarist" (great book!) - I've already got a copy but it was only £2.50 so I thought I'd buy it and I'll send it free of charge to whoever on this board wants it - my treat!! So whoever replies to this first I'll send it to you - in the spirit of Xmas (and Mr TG!)

Cheers!

Matt L.

perfectlycromulent

Reply with quote  #2 
I've been wanting to check this book out for awhile! I'll pm you my address if the offer still stands.
lordamercy

Reply with quote  #3 
Sure Thing! It's yours! PM me your address and I'll put it in the post tmrw.
perfectlycromulent

Reply with quote  #4 
Done! Thanks a million for this, have heard a lot of great stuff about this book. Apparently Teds copy was covered with highlighted lines and excited notes and I can't think of higher praise for a guitar book than that!
lordamercy

Reply with quote  #5 
My Pleasure!! It's definitely one of the more useful guitar books I've read - definitely gets you thinking differently! Loads of good stuff in there to work on and totally in line with Ted's approach I reckon!.. Hope you enjoy it! 

lordamercy

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks BLC - these are brilliant!! Here's a link to the PDF if anyone else wants to check them out:-

http://www.samsmileymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Mick-goodrick-Thinking-Guitarist.pdf

PaulV

Reply with quote  #7 
Matt,
Thanks for the Goodrick articles.  Interesting reading.  I was surprised at the first article was titled, "Name That Chord" - which is something most of us are familiar with in the TG Forums....although I haven't posted any challenges/questions as of late.  Believe me, I didn't steal his title...it's just a coincidence.  "Fred" and "Jane"...why didn't I think of that?  
Well, Ted did come up with E(gads) and D(molished).

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks BLC! All the best to you as well [smile]  Still working on that "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" transcription by the way! It's definitely a tall order - keep thinking I might've bitten off more than I could chew with this one..! Still, I'm persevering and its about halfway through - soon as I've got something that's worth posting I'll put it up here for comments/corrections.

Paul - lol @ E(gads) and D(molished)! I presume they go hand in hand with Ted's famous "Fractolian" mode he keeps mentioning?!! 
Maria

Reply with quote  #9 
hi there! Is there any chance I could get a copy of this pdf, please? Thanks so much!! [smile]
Cloop

Reply with quote  #10 
hey, is the offer still open?

I'd love to sink my teeth into this book!

Cheers
lordamercy

Reply with quote  #11 
Hey! Sorry it's gone - sent it to a guy in Canada! It's well worth hunting down a copy on Amazon or somewhere tho, great book!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE