PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 

**Please visit http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/default.asp to download Lesson Sheets

Here's a compilation of Ted's grid boxes with standard notation for his arrangement of "When You Wish Upon a Star."  His original sheet can be found in the "Lessons > Tunes" section of this website.  It was posted for the May 2008 Newsletter (thanks Barbara!).

This song was written in 1940 for Walt Disney's PINOCCHIO film, and was originally in the key of C.  Ted wrote this solo guitar arrangement in the key of D.  On his sheet Ted wrote: "Starts at a fairly easy level & progresses to intermediate, with an optional advanced last "8" & TAGS."  After the bridge he wrote: "Now either repeat the 2nd verse or continue on to the more advanced last "8" & TAGS."

On his original handout Ted did not write in the chord names - this was left for the student to do.

I've attached another copy of Ted's original sheet which also includes some comments by Ted in red ink, mostly about fingering and chord analysis.  This was provided by Bob Rissman (thanks Bob!) and it is very helpful.

On the compilation pages I took the liberty to write in the chord names under the grid boxes.  These were checked against Ted's "red ink" comments.  I also wrote out in standard notation the TAG endings.

I'm pretty sure it's accurate, but please let us all know if I got anything wrong either in the notation or chord names, and I'll correct it.

I hope this makes it easier to learn and play.

ENJOY!

--Paul

Reply with quote  #2 

Paul, as always, thank you for this great stuff. I can only imagine the effort that goes into creating these "translations" - they are so helpful, please do more of them. Thanks, 

Masemm

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Paul
Thanks very much for all your great work.!!!!!  Much appreciated
Michael

Reply with quote  #4 

I feel like a broken record Paul, but I really do appreciate the time you put into these documents.  It does help me learn the tunes faster and commit them to memory easier.  You are the MVP of this site.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks!  Glad you all like the compilation pages.  I stumbled upon someone on YouTube playing Ted's arrangement of this tune:

--Paul 

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks again, Paul!  I really like what you are doing with these songs arrangements.  The chord grids are less cramped, making them easier on my poor eyes and there's plenty of space to add my own notes.  I love them!

Nick   

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE