PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
PaulV

Reply with quote  #31 
Arsenalca,
Is this something we could post in the "From Students" section?  If so, you could send me these files and we could include them with our monthly Newsletter new items.

Reply with quote  #32 
I will send them anywhere you tell me to and you can do whatever you want with them.
PaulV

Reply with quote  #33 
Hi guys,
Sorry this wasn't posted earlier:  
All the Guitar Pro files created by "arsenalca" are now in the "From Students" section under the name of Dan Riley.
This is 11 of Ted's Christmas songs, both in Tab and Guitar Pro.
Here's a link:  http://www.tedgreene.com/fromstudents/default.asp
Enjoy!

Reply with quote  #34 
Does anyone out there have or know the whereabouts of a clean recording of Ted playing his written arrangement of Over The Rainbow? Thank you!
James

Reply with quote  #35 
I just googled it and this came up:

It's Ted playing Over The Rainbow, while reading his grid page which is right there in his lap.  Does he play it exactly like his arrangement?  Of course not.  He even messes up one of the early fills.  And he has lots of little embellishments and modifications.  He plays it beautifully.  You can feel his heart and the audience's.

I can tell you that when he played for me in one of my lessons in the late 80s, even then he did not do an exact straight forward reading of what's on the page.  (On my copy he modified the final chord to be an add9 and I think put a fingering or two in.)

I have to say Over The Rainbow is one of Ted's very greatest arrangements.

Now get to work on those pinky rolls!

Tele

Reply with quote  #36 
Thanks James. Unfortunately that version is inaudible in parts and I was hoping for one that is easier to make out. Nevertheless, I appreciate your help and will defer to this version until something better comes along.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE