PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
gh1

Reply with quote  #1 
Is this the real deal, and if so how did the seller come by it?
 Just curious.

Here.

_____
gh1

LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #2 

I'm checking on this one.

dan_s

Reply with quote  #3 
Eric Schoenberg Guitars, in Tiburon, CA is advertising in Vintage Guitar Magazine and on his website that he now has "a major portion of Ted Greene's collection, finally being made available to the public." I acquired Mr. Greene's 1957 Guild X50 from this shop.

http://www.om28.com/stock.htm

This is the guitar in question (from Schoenberg's site):
  • 1970's Ibanez 2460NT, L5 style 17", 3 3/8" depth, possibly a prototype since the serial number isn't filled in on the label, hand signed label, two humbucking pickups, the pickguard is missing and there is wear on the gold-plated parts, looks like from out-gassing plastic. From Ted Greene's collection. Sold

Although Mr. Schoenberg expressed to me in our conversation regarding the X50 that he knows that the estate wants the instruments to be played and appreciated, apparently the system is not immune from people who want to simply collect and flip. It appears that someone bought the L5 and immediately went to sell it on Ebay. The lister even used some of the wording from the Schoenberg ad. in his Ebay listing.

Schoenberg lists a number of other guitars and amplifiers:
  • 1957 Guild X50 SB (this is the instrument I purchased)
  • 1957 Guild X150 Sold
  • 1962 Guild Thinline T100 DP SB Sold
  • 1963 Gretsch Tennessian $2250
  • 1964-1965 Fender Jazzmaster, Sunburst $4200
  • 1965 Fender Jazzmaster, Originally sunburst, refinished white Sold
  • 1964 Supro Electric, $1200
  • Recent Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Blonde $675
  • 1970's Ibanez 2460NT, L5 style 17" (Now on EBay)
  • Fender Deluxe, 1960-1963, Brown tolex Sold
  • 1960-1963 Fender Concert, Four X 10, brown tolex $1795
  • Fender Reverb Unit, Early Sixties original $965
  • 1960-1962 Gibson GA-77RVT-L/Vanguard, Single 15" $675
  • 1959-1961 Gibson Vibra-Tone, Tweed $1250
  • New Austin Songbird, Made here in San Rafael entirely by hand by Kirk Austin, whose original influence came in 1967 from his teacher, the great jazz guitarist Ted Greene. Based originally on schematics supplied by Ted of the early Fender amps and extended by studies of the modern advances in audiophile tube amplification, with the simplest possible signal path, minimum number of tone-robbing capacitors and a closed-back cabinet designed to work like the body of an acoustic guitar. The sound has a dramatic three dimensional quality and acoustic-like presence like no other amp. There are no tone controls, due to the absence of any phase smearing tone controls. Great care is taken to ensure that the sound coming out of the speaker is as natural as possible. $2600
I think that anyone who is financially able to take on this responsibility, and willing to take on custodianship of a piece from this collection, needs to act now. Perhaps the new owners could also let the rest of the community know that these instruments are being played and maintained in a manner befitting Mr. Greene's legacy?

Reply with quote  #4 
The Austin Songbird is an error… not owned by Ted.

Reply with quote  #5 
I would love to get one of Ted's Tele's. I think Ted and myself would be in agreement on how a guitar should be treated. I love my instruments and have taken the time to learn how to properly set up, intonate and care for my buddies and would love the responsibility of loving one of Ted's "kids".
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE