PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Wckoek

Reply with quote  #1 
Did Ted ever tried consciously on composing songs?
Do he had any compositions published or recorded by others if he had so?
Do he had an approach on composing tunes?

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
WilliamPerry

Reply with quote  #2 

I was waiting for others to answer you.  I'm sure that there are people that know more about this than I.  Ted and I never talked about this.  But, I do have a movie that the sound tract is Ted.  I've never listened to it, so I don't know the music or the story.  (The loss of Ted has been so traumatic to me that I am just starting to go through the beautiful stuff that Ted and others have given to me.)  The producer gave this one.  I'm not sure if it is Ted playing, or that Ted played and the score, and it was transcribed from his playing.  As I said, others will know.  I do have a disk of Ted just playing (composing) for hours.  It is so haunting, beautiful, and intimate.  I've only been able to listen to it once.  Gorgeous.

markjens

Reply with quote  #3 
William, a year after the death of my only brother, his widow sent me a DVD for Christmas, the soundtrack being, "Turn the Page' by Bob Seger.  Craig loved the song, and always thought it kind of his 'theme song' if there is such a thing.  Of course, among the things on the DVD were scenes from Christmas' past (I was in the service and rarely there) and slideshows of photos of my brother and me and our sisters and parents.  I tried to watch it once, and hearing the song I stopped.  It was too soon.  I tried again, and seeing him with his grandson in his lap was too much.  Too soon.  Finally, I was able to watch it beginning to end, but it isn't anything I can watch with regularity.  I just miss him too much.  All of that said, I just know that after reading what you wrote, some folk might have said, "Man, if I had sound from Ted, I'd listen all the time."  Sometimes though, its just too soon.

Thanks,

Mark 
Bob

Reply with quote  #4 

Well said and so true! Thanks Mark.

Reply with quote  #5 
I cry every time I listen to the CDs or watch the DVDs. The problem is, is that I can't NOT listen. I miss Ted & his playing so much that I need to hear his music and I know I am going to cry but it's worth crying just to listen. All my tears would make up for the lack of rain in So. Calif.

Ted composed some baroque pieces in the 1970s and continued to re-work them until around 2001 or 2002. They are notated but not recorded. I have transcribed a couple for the piano and yes, I cry when I play them.

If one had the fortitude, skill, and time, there is much improvisation that could be transcribed. The improvisations are wonderful compositions.

Barbara

Reply with quote  #6 
What he left tells us that he will be remembered and his legacy would passes on.

Regards

Koek Wei Chew
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE