PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
dsindel

Reply with quote  #1 

Ted Greene "George Van Eps Interview" - August 1981 issue of Guitar Player magazine.
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL, PURE GUITAR HISTORY!!!
http://www.tedgreene.com/audio/TedGreene_GeorgeVanEps.asp

The raw/un-edited conversation between Ted and George Van Eps is for the lack of a better word "extraordinary". There is so much tangible information and rich history involved. They discuss the birth of the 7 string guitar which George Van Eps is pretty much a key figure.

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
jseaberry

Reply with quote  #2 
Bee-yoo-tee-ful!!
JedC

Reply with quote  #3 
This is a great listen, highly recommended. Two intelligent guitarists talking about music and guitars in a relaxed informal setting, wonderful.
"We are presenting both the audio (in several parts)" & "These very informative audio CD's (4 Disks) "
When will the remainder of the discussion be available? I can't wait!

Thanks
PaulV

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree - this is simply wonderful to hear these two masters talking.  Something about George's voice that sounds very familiar.  I've often noticed that how a person speaks relates to how they play their instrument...the tempo, the rhythms, the tone, the dynamics.  Somehow hearing George gives me more appreciation to his playing.
Oh yes, have you tried to do that exercise he mentioned:  play a G scale with 10ths and then add an Eb scale to it....interesting.  That's George.
Looking forward to the remaining part of the recording.
Thanks again!!!

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Jed!, The next installment of the GVE/Ted interview will be at the beginning of Sept.
The beginning of each month (or sometimes the very end of a month) is when we post all the new material. 
I am so glad you and many others are enjoying the interview - I had a feeling this just might happen!  Verily!
Barbara

Reply with quote  #6 
I remember reading this article years ago, not realizing that Ted was the interviewer.  Such a joy to read something about another master of finger-style guitar, and now realizing that Ted was the author..... fantastic!  
tedstafford

Reply with quote  #7 
This is a wonderful treat. Thank you so much!
ted

Reply with quote  #8 

I actually tracked that version of Guitar Player down through ebay and bought it last year, just for the article.  Well worth the trouble.  I am so thankful you are making it available now. 

dsindel

Reply with quote  #9 
The second installment of the George Van Eps/Ted interview is now presented in the Audio section on the .com 

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
Zorshelter

Reply with quote  #10 
Great interview, it wasgreat to read and even better to hear the 2 simply talk, thank you again!!!!
John

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Barbara -
It's wonderful that you have made this interview available
for everyone to hear...I've listened to it many times
and always learn something new...there is clearly great affection between Ted and George and the integrity of both these humble men make me truly grateful to have known them both...

midivox

Reply with quote  #12 
Hello Everyone
    Ted called George Van Epps a couple of times while I was studying with Ted and arranged with George to meet with me before, during, and after a couple of his live gigs and give me a mini lesson on specific tunes and specific technique questions.
    George was a great teacher and he really enjoyed sharing his guitar knowledge with others. I had him autograph his guitar method books for me.
    Ted sent me all over Southern Cal to meet with many world class players and teachers. This was years before all the great technology advances in audio and video, so I do not have any recorded records of those exciting learning experiences.
Happy Guitars
Timothy Kelly

MidiVox Voice to Midi Hardware
http://www.healingmusic.net welcomes all
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE