PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
m7b5

Reply with quote  #1 
hello everybody
I just wanted to highlight this thread in the musescore (an open source sheet music editor) developers forum.

http://musescore.org/en/node/13945#comment-87197

Musescore 2.0 is under development and the community seems quite responsive to suggestions, but I think that this request, although interesting, won't be prioritized much.

I think that many people here could be interested, and if there were more comments in favour of this feature, maybe someone could decide to add this feature in some future release... who knows...

just wanted you to know... just in case [smile]

PaulV

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,
You might be interested in checking out this document:
http://www.tedgreene.com/images/lessons/students/PaulVachon/HowToReadTedGreeneChordDiagrams.pdf

Reply with quote  #3 
Matt's point was that it would be great if the TG community would band together to request that TG notation be prioritized as a feature in (the already awesome MuseScore) program. I use MuseScore almost everyday and it's fantastic, but it would be even better if it were to support Ted's notation, which is very intuitive and accessible to guitarists of every skill level.

David
m7b5

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdougherty
Matt's point ...

You're right about my point... but I'm not Matt... [smile]

anyway... seems nobody is interested...

I'm wondering if there is a way to get or write some useful script for LibreOffice or similar to ease Ted's notation...

Enrico
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #5 
I hate to confess it, but I wrote some software to make the diagrams.  It created boxes, from left to right, using all of ted's symbols, fret numbers, etc.  It was ALOT of work.  But at the time I was spending a lot of time on airplanes.  Amazingly, someone even recognized what I was doing during a flight.  A small world of Ted fans.
The program never got finished.  It would still take a chunk of time/money to do so, and I'm short of both.

You clicked on a fingerboard diagram on the screen to place the notes/symbols/etc on the diagram.  When done with the diagram, you hit "save" and the diagram was written, and the on-screen diagram was re-set for the next one. The note sequence, graphic symbol, diagram number etc were all saved in a database so you could "edit" and re-render the diagrams after they were done. 

I was doing it in VB6 to prototype the logic and pixel/screen handling/line wrapping, etc etc.  I also had a notion to be able to "play" the boxes back, in straight eighths, to check the work.  Full midi rhythms  etc was too far away from the main goal of getting diagrams done quickly and correctly.

Guitar Pro 6 gets pretty close, as does Chord Charts2 Pro. That program is probably the easiest to modify to get Ted notation.

L

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE