PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Guys,
Sorry I'm so late in announcing the September Newsletter.
It's actually been up for about a week, and I suspect that most of you discovered it around the first of the month or sooner.
Anyway, check it out.  Lots of good stuff, as usual, and hopefully something to keep your fingers and ears happy.
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Paul,

The pages on Bass-Enhanced Triads by Chord Quality is the missing link for me to using these beautiful harmonies more freely. Of course Ted would have this kind of clear organization.

I see this is labeled "First Area;" are there subsequent pages that can be posted?
It actually wouldn't be hard to work out on one's own (now that Ted modeled it), but if there are more available, I'd love to see them.

On another subject, I'd asked a week or so ago ago if there were any Ted arrangements of The Very Thought of You.
I'm assuming since you didn't reply that your archive doesn't have that tune?

Many thanks, again, for all your invaluable work.
Allan
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Allen,
Thanks for your support for this site.  I'm happy that Ted's pages are getting out to the world.

The B.E.T. pages are sporadic and incomplete.  There's a bunch more pages that are just little fragments of ideas.  I usually review all the pages before posting one, and try to connect related pages if they seem to go together.
In the case of this page, there was no part 2.  Perhaps it was a starter page that Ted intended to expand into all other chord qualities.
Obviously it would be a good exercise for a student to take it to that next level.  If you do so, then maybe you could share it in our "From Students" section.

Yes, I did notice your question about "The Very Thought of You."  I was waiting to see if anyone else might have a copy from a private lesson.  There's nothing in the Ted archives.  Sorry.

Reply with quote  #4 
September 26th.  Today is Ted's birthday.  A good time to stop and remember him for just a moment.

-L
TLerch

Reply with quote  #5 
Happy Birthday Ted. thank you for all of the gifts you continue giving to all of us.

Tim
PaulV

Reply with quote  #6 
Happy Birthday, Ted.  

Reply with quote  #7 
Hey friends,
The 2018 September Newsletter is up for your perusal.
Twelve new lessons plus a nice article from Adam Levy.
Check it out and let us know if we're doing our job of keeping your mind, ears, and fingers happy each month.

Also, go on to the Ted Greene Facebook page and like us there.  [wave]
https://www.facebook.com/TedGreeneChordChemist/

Reply with quote  #8 
Hi guys,
Happy Labor Day!
In case you haven't checked in yet, the September Newsletter is up now. 

Enjoy....and as usual, let us know if you like what we're presenting, and if you want more or less of something.
We aim to please.

Reply with quote  #9 
Does anyone ever post in these Forums anymore?

Reply with quote  #10 
Hélas, les forums ( tous sujets confondus ) sont en perte de vitesse, la faute à Facebook, Tweeter, etc...
Je pense que pour " réactiver " ce forum, il faudrait créer de nouvelles rubrique " attractives ".
Je pense à une rubrique " Pédagogie " qui permettrait aux membres de s'y retrouver dans la masse de documents contenus sur ce site.
Ce genre de rubrique, bien alimentée, régulière, permettrait d'avoir des échanges entre membres plus importants
et serait d'une utilité appréciée.
Qu'en pensez-vous ?
Bien amicalement,
Michel
PS: Il faudrait cloner Paul V, il vit sur le site !!! [biggrin]

Reply with quote  #11 
I had to use Google Translate to be able to understand Michel's text.
Here it is:

Alas, the Forums (all subjects combined) are losing momentum (speed), 
and the fault lies with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
I think that in order to "reactivate" this Forum, we need to create a new "attractive" section.
I think it could be a section called "Pedagogy" that would allow members to navigate the
massive amount of documents posted on this site.This kind of section,
well fed and regular, would allow for the exchange between larger number of members,
and it's utility would be greatly appreciated.What do you think?
Sincerely,
Michel
PS: It should clone Paul V, he lives on the site!

Well, I really don't live on the site, but I do keep a pretty steady eye on the
activities and keep the monthly Newsletters and new lessons from Ted ever flowing.
What do you guys think of Michel's idea?
Any suggestions for implementation?

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you for translate Paul,I have forgotten to do it....[rolleyes]

Reply with quote  #13 
The question seemed to be about the forum, but part of the comment was about revitalizing the site.  I'm personally working to improve the organization of the contents, and have now been through every page on the site. I'm putting something together. But I didn't see it as a vehicle to enliven the forums.
And you may or may not have seen that I've started teaching with material hosted on the site using the material I've organized.  I taught with 'ted pages' back in the 70's with his full support, and some of my students were funneled up to ted when I thought they were ready.  This is just an extension of that.
Anyway, it would help me if there were some more specific tangible things wanted here, and whether its focused on the forum, the site, or both.
Leon
James

Reply with quote  #14 
Right now, when you go to the tedgreene.com home page, access to some areas is across the top in tabs, others down the left side in a list.  Why two separate top level lists?  Why not one list?

Currently, to get to Ted's teaching sheets, the meat of this site,  you click on "Guitar Lessons" at the top.  This should be much more prominent.  It needs a better name.  "Guitar Lessons" sounds like it might be someone selling guitar lessons or advertising guitar lessons.  It should be called "Ted's Teaching Sheets" or "Ted's Teaching Material" or something like that.  It should be the most prominent item to click so that you almost automatically enter that area.

Maybe it should be called "Ted's Arrangements and Other Teachings."  Or "The Secret Arrangements and Teachings of Ted."  Or "Really Cool Things Ted Taught!"  Or, "Dive Into the Enormity of What Ted Taught."

klasaine

Reply with quote  #15 
I like "Dive Into the Enormity of What Ted Taught."

Having said that, in my experience both personally and via the on-line digital sphere, more people than not - including a lot of fairly competent players - are overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of it all. Also, and let's be realistic here, unless one is a fairly good player and/or the type who's down for doing a lot of serious studying and practicing - most of it will be too advanced both technically and conceptually.  

Which led to why on my Youtube channel I have a section called "TG Quickies". I demonstrate and break down some of the technically less advanced things that are buried in the lessons on the site. My hope is that if folks can see and hear that some of the TG stuff is very approachable and easily applicable that they'll dive into the site a little deeper and just try some stuff.
*I always link to and mention the TG site. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE