PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
AllanW

Reply with quote  #16 

Hey Anders,
My personal request is for Both Sides Now, from the audio recordings I sent in. It's an incredibly pretty piece; Dan Sawyer mentioned that he thought it was on par with the songs on Solo Guitar, though Ted told me he was just "fooling around."
My good intentions to do it myself have never materialized. I think Paul mentioned a while ago that Francois was working on it; Francois, is that the case? We don't need to duplicate efforts. 
Many thanks to everyone,
Allan

Hey Paul, 
Any specific piece that you (or anyone else) would like to have transcribed?
Must not necessarily be from this recording. Just thought I'd ask if there are any requests. 
Anders

Anders

Reply with quote  #17 

Yes, "Both Sides Now" is very pretty. Have you tried the arrangement that Paul posted? Ted´s written arrangement is very similar to the recording, and Paul did a great job transcribing parts of it. I´ve played the arrangement many times, and it´s one of my favorite.

How about "Embraceable You" from California Vintage Guitar, or "Giant Steps" from Seashell. "High Hopes" from Messin´pt.1 is very nice.

PaulV

Reply with quote  #18 
Anders, my vote is for "Que Sera, Sera" and "Around the World" from "Messin' I".  These are sweet and simple, and I suspect you could transcribe them rather quickly.
(If you need lead sheets for them let me know...I may have a copy.)

However, there's a tune that will be posted next month in the second part of "Messin' I" that would be my first vote....but I can wait.  [smile]

Reply with quote  #19 
Paul, If you have the lead sheets for these tunes, please post them to me.
RobertS

Reply with quote  #20 
Anders - thanks for asking ! i would second the request for Embraceable You from the California Vintage Guitar video session..am mesmerised by the melodic bassline throughout - never tire of listening to that version..

best regards
Bob
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLerch
…The recording of the guitar is of a very high quality considering it was a cassette. The guitar is tuned about 20 cents below A440 and it's just so perfectly in tune to my ears…

I would be willing to bet that Ted's guitar was not 20 cents flat. His sense of pitch was so good. Instead, the playback machine did not match the speed of the recording deck… causing the music to play flat. This sort of thing is very common with cassette recording technology. And Ted usually had the cheapest decks (radio shack) and the cheapest cassette tapes.

Reply with quote  #22 
Dan, are you saying that Ted had perfect pitch?
I thought he had developed a super sense of relative pitch, and played his instrument so often that he could pull notes out of the blue and be fairly close.
But perfect pitch is a whole other thing.
But I just don't know.....

Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks so much for posting these At home recordings ! Hard to describe but Ted's playing puts me in a dreamy state every time. The baroque stuff is so gorgeous, the way he improvises those intricate lines is mind boggling, it's like J-S Bach reincarnated. I'd love to transcribe those and share it. 
We can also feel how much of Ted's tone comes from his mastery of the instrument, just beautiful and heart touching.

Thanks again !
PaulV

Reply with quote  #24 
Hi Earsoup,
Glad you like the new recordings of Ted. 
Yes, we'd love you to transcribe and share with us.....please!  [comp]

I love it during one of the pieces where Ted admits he doesn't know the bridge and Barbara tells him to just make up his own bridge.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE