PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
PaulV

Reply with quote  #1 
Ahoy mates!
The ship is ready and we're in for a grand musical adventure with all the new material for September.  Hop aboard, shove 'er off and raise the sail.  Avast!  Smartly, ye mate, grab your axe and join us.  There ain't no treasure to hunt for it's all right here in the newsletter:
http://www.tedgreene.com/news/default.asp
Aye!

Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you for posting "Messin' Around at Home" part 1.  Number 12 is Gershwin's 'The Man I Love.'

Keep up the fantastic work!

/Brian
PaulV

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Brian.
I'll ask Dan to add that title to the listing.
Glad you enjoy the recording and the site.

Reply with quote  #4 
Done.  
The title is now corrected in the listings for "Messin' Around at Home" Part 1.

Reply with quote  #5 
The Messing Around at Home recording is a revelation! Such a good recording, honest and clear. It's so intimate it's almost unbearable at times.  Thank you to everyone involved in sharing it with us.
Ted is loose and imaginative, his humor and crafty wit is in abundance. Barb cooing and giving encouragement. I feel very privileged to be a fly on the wall in their evening at home, enjoying each other and the beautiful sounds that are coming from that guitar.
This may have just shot to the top of my favorite Ted recordings. Sure there are boo boos but not many considering the spontaneity of the evening.
The recording of the guitar is of a very high quality considering it was a cassette. The guitar is tuned about 20 cents below A440 and it's just so perfectly in tune to my ears, even without a spec of reverb it is lush and warm.
This is such an important lesson in sound and tone production, he just reaches in and draws the notes out.  
OK, I know I'm gushing! I am so moved by this intimate, private moment that we are so fortunate to share in.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Tim
Masemm

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Tim and Paul for making Ted's arrangement come alive with both a transcription and video!  Awesome !! Much appreciated !!

Reply with quote  #7 
Tim,
You must have read my mind - I was hoping we'd get some feedback about this "Messin' Around at Home" recording.

Barbara sent me the CD years ago and asked me what I thought.  She was unsure if it should be released.  She was highly sensitive to Ted's "mistakes" and the unpolished nature of the recording.  We had a few phone conversations about it, and she eventually agreed that it could be released "as is."  I talked her out of us trying to fix the errors by audio editing - which probably would have been a disaster.

She wanted everyone to know that it was very, very informal, and as you mentioned, a very intimate and personal performance.  A couple glasses of wine prior to the recording was not usual for Ted, so there was that factor as well to be weighed.

Wish it could have been released while she was alive.  I'm sure she would be pleased to know that people like it.  
Thanks for your positive comments.  I suspect you'll equally enjoy the second half next month.

Reply with quote  #8 

Hi guys, I really love the new recording you posted this month. It´s so real, beautiful, and...perfect! Can´t wait to hear the next part.

Tim, what a joy it is to watch you perform and go through Ted´s arrangements. I hope you will continue to make these videos.

Thank you!

PaulV

Reply with quote  #9 
Anders,
Glad you like the recording....maybe you'll be inspired to transcribe something from it?
Tim's videos are great.  He's a busy guy, so we're always happy when he make these for us, and I hope it helps his teaching career as well.

Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you Anders, it is really my pleasure. I will try to keep it up as long as there is interest or until someone else would like to do it as well (wink wink).

all the best
Tim
bclark

Reply with quote  #11 
I've listened to "Messin' Around at Home several times now, and it truly is delightful.  As I looked over the track list for the nth time I finally noticed a rather substantial goof:

#2 is listed as " I’m Gonna Wish That Man Right Out of My Life," but it's really "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" from South Pacific. 

/Brian
PaulV

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Brian, I'll see about getting that corrected.
The track list is one that Barbara had provided, so the titles may not have been completely accurate.
I should have done some homework before posting it. 

Reply with quote  #13 
Title for track 2 of "Messin'" has now been corrected.
Hmm...should it be "outa" or "outta" or "out of" ?
Well, I guess we'll go with Wikipedia.....

Reply with quote  #14 

Hey Paul,
Any specific piece that you (or anyone else) would like to have transcribed?
Must not necessarily be from this recording. Just thought I'd ask if there are any requests.

DaveAnno

Reply with quote  #15 
Wonderful stuff as always. [wink] I love Ted's playing on the recording, he sounds different unplugged. Thanks much!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE