PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #1 
Happy Halloween from Quincy and "Luscious" (Guild X550)

Attached Images
jpeg Q&L.jpg (94.80 KB, 178 views)

Wckoek

Reply with quote  #2 

Happy Helloween to you too!

Koek Wei Chew
sandemose

Reply with quote  #3 
Happy Halloween to you all (I know its late but, anyway). Its great to work with Teds exercises in november, its such an inspiring weather in the fall. Somehow, when reading and studying the papers (I love that a paper has a ton of info in itself, and almost always just one paper per exercise) it feels like you are studying with a person (in this case Ted). Tts like a positve presence. I hope everyone is feeling alright,

Love to you all,

Best Michael/Sandemose

P.S I posted another question regarding Teds guitars on the Gear forum, and if you have time Barbara maybe you can check it out. Its the same thread as the first one, probably the reason why it hasent been answered. Thanks, and best wishes. D.S

Reply with quote  #4 
Totally missed Halloween here due to family difficulty, but better late than...  I just read an article that discussed the prejudice and superstition that people have toward black cats.  I have a wonderful friend that looks just like the beauty pictured here, except his name is Max and Sacramento County clipped the tip of his ear off to mark him as feral.  Well, it was supposed to be only the tip, but the vet must have had a bad night, since Maxie lost about a third of his ear to that butcher.  In any case, I just wanted to make a case for black kitties and to say how thankful I am that Max adopted me.  He was born beneath our pool deck in California, and moved north to the Cascade mountains with us.  He sleeps with us, and I am lucky to be writing this without him laying across my computer.  (He likes my undivided attention.)  Feral?  Not any more - he is a member of our family.

Mark

P.S.  I am happy to say that he has also adjusted to life with music.  He isn't afraid of any of my guitars any more, and will hop right up into my lap even while I am playing!  <Now THIS is self indulgent, Barbara '8)>
markjens

Reply with quote  #5 
Having moved up here where my wife is from, I haven't any friends other than the long distance ones.  I just wanted to update you on my last post about Maxie.  He was my bud, and anywhere I was, he was.  I was concerned about him the other day, for he began to get sick a bit after eating.  I had given him a new flavor of his usual food, so I kept an eye on him for another day, but it didn't stop.  The vet was kind enough to get us right in, so we went for a visit.  X-rays seemed to show that he'd ingested a ribbon or something that was upsetting (and possibly injuring) his digestive tract.  The Dr. decided to do an exploratory surgery.  He was about as concerned as I was, so I told him to make it happen, I didn't care about seeing an 'estimate.'  ( I later told my wife that I am happy we're blessed enough that we don't have to consider cost in whether the life of Max is 'worth it,' for I know that there are so many people who *have* to think this way.)  He called us up at about 4:00 that afternoon to give us some very hard news.  (I know I've been beating around the bush in this post, I hope you'll forgive if you've reached the end.)  Max had a tumor on his stomach that was a very fast growing type, and it was inoperable.  The Dr. asked if we would like to bring him back out of anesthetic to say goodbye, or not.  After everything was over, he did more exploratory and also found tumors on his liver and spleen.  It turned out we were blessed that Max didn't have to suffer, for he had symptoms early on. I am thankful for that, but I have lost such a great friend to me, and one of my closest sources of comfort throughout my day (I'm disabled and am at home all day.)  Thanks for listening/reading - I just needed to tell someone, not to make you hurt as I do, but perhaps just to do something with my own hurt and to tell someone how thankful I was that Max adopted us seven years ago, and he has been such a friend to me.  Thank you,

Mark
SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #6 
Mark..

Sorry about your loss.  I know Ted was found of cats, as I am.  I remember way back, when he was showing me some chords involving more fingers than I had, while teaching at his house in woodland hills.  He had to stop to pay attention to his cat. 

Personally, I have recently lost two cats that I was very close to.  One, which just turned 7 at the time, was taken by an animal in the front yard.  Never found her, and I was devistated for a long time.  I still miss her daily, and that was 6 years ago.  Then, I got two siamese, unrelated, Peanut and Hershey.  Peanut is here with me now.  But Hershey,  had health problems from the start.  At age two, she started acting strange.  Jumping...running...for no reason.  The vet thought fleas.  Went back a month later, and the vet found a lymphoma in her stomach the size of a grapefruit.  Inoperable.. After a few 2nd opinions, the decision was made to put her to sleep before real suffering started.  I t was the right decision.  I miss her too.  She was my biggest guitar fan..  Whenever I played, she ran from wherever she was, and sat right next to my amp.  Especially when I played Over the rainbow, or Emily.  Her two favorite songs.  When I play somewhere now, I play either of those, especially over the rainbow, there is a special meaning to me now. 

Now I have Peanut and Nestley.  May I suggest you get another young kitten.  Not as a replacement, but it will help.

Cats are strange animals.  I have been trying to figure them out for years.  Each has it's own personality, and I sure you can get another bud.  Someone sent this to me after the passing of Hershey,  I paste it here for you.. hope it helps.  It might also help to post a pic of  your cat.   Here's the post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 THE LAST BATTLE

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep.
Then will you do what must be done?
For this - the last battle - can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hands.
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and Friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me to where my needs they'll tend.
Only stay with me until the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
It is a kindness you do for me.
Although my tail its last has waived.
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you, Who has to decide this thing you do.
We've been so close - we two - these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks so much for your kindness.  You know, when I came back from SE Asia a lifetime or two ago, I thought I was a lifelong dog person.  My dad had raised Springer Spaniels my whole life, and it would never have occurred to me that I might like a cat.  A service buddy had a wife with a big heart, and when we came back home she'd adopted some cats.  Well, this one big male Siamese decided we were supposed to be partners, and he wouldn't stop trying.  One day I was about to leave after a visit, and Mark's wife Sheri asked, "Would you take Tomcat with you?"  I looked at her like she was nuts, and she explained that every time I left, he cried like a baby.  (Steve, you know that Siamese really DO cry like babies!)  That started my love affair with cats, and I have rarely been without one.  Our long time baby named Tia finally asked us to make the decision when she was fifteen, two years after fluid infusions started due to kidney failure.  I've had Maxie since then, seven years ago, and our plan is to adopt two sibling kitties now.  We're already on the lookout, and it will be a happy day when we find each other - like you said, not a replacement, just a place to put the love.  Thanks all for being so kind.  Here's a not so great picture of Max taken by my youngest son - this is how he was for me.  As soon as I came close enough, he wanted me to scratch his belly.  First kitty I'd had that wanted his belly rubbed.

Attached Images
jpeg Maxie.jpg (404.04 KB, 14 views)

SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #8 
Mark

Max was a black cat..Do you know that black cats are 98% Siamese??One of my favorite cats I've ever had was a black cat, found as a stray kitten in the streets(around 20 years ago.. Since, all my cats have been siamese..Hershey, a chocolate siamese, Nestley, another choc. siamese(almost named her Bosco), Peanut(aka)Rigel), Seal point siamese...Quasar, betw seal and chocolate...

Reply with quote  #9 
Dear Mark,

Steve's beautiful sentiments expressed my feelings as well. As you know from the many photos I've posted, Ted & I loved our cats so much, they were our children. When I play one of Ted's CDs and Ted is talking, Quincy comes in and looks around as if to ask, "where's Daddy?"
You are soon going to bring joy and love into the lives of 2 most deserving and lucky kitties.
my warmest thoughts,
Barbara

Reply with quote  #10 
Mark

You can go here http://home.earthlink.net/~ssblaw/Q,H,P,N.htm , to see and read about Quasar, Hershey, Peanut and Nestley

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE