PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Slidesorcerer

Reply with quote  #1 
Is anyone else out there a Scotty Anderson fan? I don't know that everyone one will find Scotty's playing to have the depth or sensitivity that Ted and some other pure jazzers might have(had) but I think that many would marvel at his technical expertise and strong chordal approach to playing a more honky tonking style of guitar. He is a monster, I promise.
bishopdm

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh yes, an amazing player!

Reply with quote  #3 
Concidence,

I was listening and watching him a few days ago and he's really great, really amazed at his right hand

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #4 
Ted truly admired Scotty and was amazed and impressed by his abilities. Many years ago he showed me a video of Scotty performing to give me an idea of how incredible a player he was.  I was stunned. 

Reply with quote  #5 
Stunned is the right word! My head is still reeling! This guy is second to none. Thanks Slidesorcerer, I'm forever in your debt !

Reply with quote  #6 
Yeah, Scotty Anderson is a monster!
Slidesorcerer

Reply with quote  #7 
There are some vids on youtube from his Hotlicks instructional video were you can see him doing the Lenny thing with the 3rds and 7ths on the lower groups of strings and then doing all sorts of line and upper extension voicings on top. He gives a lot of cedit to steel players for some of his ideas and owes a great deal to Chet for sure but I had been unaware of how affected by Lenny that he was until revisiting these videos recently and seeing so much textbook Lenny Breau stuff. While I haven't heard him list Lenny as an influence it seems undeniable to me that he was actually a huge one. From all accounts that I have ever heard Scotty is a truly humble guy despite his freakish technique. I hear shredders that are capable of imitating lots of players out there with an impressive array of techniques but I've never heard anyone approach the pure "hot" factor that Scotty brings to a gig.
Sammo

Reply with quote  #8 
I remember seeing that Hotlicks video in '90s. IIRC he demonstrated cool technique that allowed him to play lines with two voices on adjacent strings (thirds and fourths): he hit lower voice with thumb pick and upper voice with index fingernail. Really cool and unique sound !!

Is it available on DVD, I'll have to look it up!

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #9 
Here is part one to the video of Scotty that Barbara mentioned earlier in this post. I think you will be AMAZED, too:

Please thumbs up and subscribe to my channel to be informed when parts 2 and 3 get uploaded. Enjoy!  Nick

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE