PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
ChemicalChords

Reply with quote  #16 
Whats the advantage of no pinkie over pinkie?  Players of both "picking styles"
still sound just as good together. Does it come down to speed? I find People who can integrate there fingers along with the pick alot more versatile then players who just pick with a clenched fist.

Reply with quote  #17 
As Dan pointed out in his post, it isn't about using the pinkie. It's about anchoring the pinkie on the pickguard of face of the guitar. It restricts the freedom of the hand. Kind of like trying to drive your car with the brake on.
Hal9000

Reply with quote  #18 

I remember asking Ted about this and he said "whatever is comfortable".  I think that there are many examples of players that get great results without using the accepted methods.  That said, I perfer not to anchor.  I also practice scales and arpeggios by playing the notes 2x's, then 3x's then 4x's.  I  start off each practice session by tremelo picking  open strings for at least 20 minutes.  In the morning it leaves my left hand free to drink a cup of coffee.  I also take chord forms and pick them arpeggio style, playing each note 2x, 3x, and 4x.   As a result I have learned to play at faster tempos.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE