PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
Rivendell

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I'm curious how Ted did the chord grids in the lesson handouts, using a rubber stamp ? or was there a master copy made with the rubber stamp and then photocopied ? I'm not even sure how common the photocopy machine was back in the 70s...

Also how he 'typeset' his books like Chord Chemistry.
The book looks like it was typed on a typewriter(!) with spacings left to fill in with the chord grids, pictures and arrows

Just curious since I've been using computers to print stuff as far as I can recall.
omobob

Reply with quote  #2 

Ted had an enormous piece of slate, and I have vivid memories of him using a sharpened stone to etch the chord block diagrams one at a time...

jerome

Reply with quote  #3 

Which was a vast improvement over drawing them in the dirt with a stick.

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #4 
Rivendell,
May I ask how many years you have dwelt on this earth? From your question, I assume you were born into one of the more recent eras.

Prior to all the technology in existence, suffice it to say, it was a whole lot more work!

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi, I'm born in '82.

Haha, I guess that's why there the two funny responses

Cuz I noticed the chord grids were really straight, and sometimes they were very slightly tilted. But shape wise they were all the same.

But anyways, pardon me but did Ted use a photocopier for the chord grid handout sheets ? Or were they special ordered ?
LeonWhite

Reply with quote  #6 
photocopier.

-Leon
Bob

Reply with quote  #7 
Ted did love a trip to the photocopier. Hi Leone!

Chester Carlson, the inventor of photocopying, was originally a patent attorney and part-time researcher and inventor. His job at the patent office in New York required him to make a large number of copies of important papers. Carlson, who was arthritic, found this a painful and tedious process. This prompted him to conduct experiments with photoconductivity. Carlson experimented with "electrophotography" in his kitchen and in 1938, applied for a patent for the process.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE