PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
sandemose

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone,

I´ve been experimenting with polychords for a while now, and it has really done it for me. I´ve also worked with Teds pedalpoint studys which are awesome. The qualites of the majorscale (Ted didnt like the expression modes?) have lately become so much more within my ears by working with all notes in a majorscale as pedelpoints over all triads, in all keys. The music itself got to life. Im forever thankful for that.

Regarding polychords. Its obvious that guitar isnt always the best instrument for that (pedalpoint maybe is to be prefered?) but Ive found some favorites, and at the same time been forced to work out some fingerings. Ted never used his thumb for bassnotes? At least Ive never seen him do that.

Any way, Ill post some of my favorites, strings from low to high E, A, D, G, B, E and fingerings 1,2,3,4 and (T) for thumb. Id love to see you guys favorites + fingering and ways they can be used:

Notes: 3-3-2-1-0-0 Fingering 3-4-2-1-x-x Description E over C (C+5)    

Notes: 5-5-3-4-5-3 Fingering: (T)-3-1-2-4-1 Description: Em over Dm 

Notes: 3-3-2-4-4-2 Fingering (T)-2-1-3-4-1 Description B over C (Cmaj7#11#9/G)

Notes: 8-8-7-9-8-7 Fingering (T)-(T)-1-4-3-2 Description Em over F 

The first one is just a regular Cmaj+5.
The second one has an dorian sound to me. And, at the sametime mixolydian, sort of ambivalent.
The third one is my favorite chord type, dark and vast somehow.
The fourth one works great in "Nardis" in the B section.

Best wishes,

Sandemose

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Friends,
Not long ago I printed out a sheet Ted had called "Important Chords to Learn (for me)". I think it was posted as a pdf scan (maybe by Barbara?), and it was from the '70's. Anyway, I've misplaced it, and can't find it again on the site. Can anyone help? Thanks to everyone for the generosity of heart that is so present on this site.
                                Allan
barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #3 
Greetings Allen,   You will find it under General Topics - Ted's Thought's on Life and Music - page 4 at the bottom!   Enjoy.  Barbara

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks so much, Barbara. There are a couple of especially gorgeous voicings on that sheet that I didn't want to lose.
                                      Allan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE