PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #31 
What a surprise!  Barbara beat Steve to the picnic area?  Blame it on Peanut!  "Who's takin' who for a walk?"  Yes, that's Peanut, with collar and leash, securely attached to Steve's back.  Thanks Steve for going through "The Odd Couple" with me and thanks Barbara for making the "Columbo" cues available! 

Nick

Attached Images
jpeg Peanut_1.JPG (41.35 KB, 40 views)
jpeg Steve_and_Barbara.JPG (69.93 KB, 81 views)

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #32 
A couple of new people who I haven't met at previous picnics:  Introducing Craig Price (photographed with Leon White), showed up baring gifts of a CD from his lessons with Ted.  Thanks Craig!  Also, Ted LaBash, who taught with Ted and Chips Hoover at Dale's Erine Ball's guitars on Topango Canyon Blvd. in the 70's. His t-shirt is a shameless plug for his biz (I wonder if he gets to write off his wardrobe?).  In case you can't zoom in to read the smaller print, here it is: http://www.labashguitarinstruction.com/ 

Nick

Attached Images
jpeg Ted_LaBash.JPG (196.76 KB, 67 views)
jpeg Craig_Price_with_Leon.JPG (223.53 KB, 63 views)

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #33 
The few that showed had a great time.  I know I did!  I gave out 8 of the 10 CDs of Barney's "The Guitar" book I had made, so the numbers worked out.  Dan, I would love to know the page number where Barney tells you what to wear to the gig.

Here are the rest of my picnic photos:  Dan "I Dare You To Plug In" Sawyer, Joey "Mixed Allegiance" Backenstoe, Elizabeth Eng with Maygumi Blumenreich, Daniel  Blumenreich, and Marc Blumenreich joining in with his vintage L-5!

Not photographed:  Nick "You make a better door than a window" Stasinos, Pete Huggins with his friend Randy Lee Munro aka "Mr. Projectionist", and Bill LaSalle, whom I met earlier in the day.  Did I fail to mention anyone else?

Joey, the guitar I brought with me is a Eastman AR-810CE.  Man, I wish I would have had my recorder on when you were playing it, especially that very cool arpeggiated chord sequence for "Here's That Rainy Day"! Ugh!

Nick

Attached Images
jpeg 01_Dan_Sawyer.JPG (193.34 KB, 81 views)
jpeg 02_Joey_and_Steve.JPG (240.67 KB, 86 views)
jpeg 03_Liz_E_and_May_B.JPG (181.55 KB, 84 views)
jpeg 04_Daniel_B.JPG (233.07 KB, 66 views)
jpeg 05_Marc_B_joins_in.JPG (338.21 KB, 127 views)

NickStasinos

Reply with quote  #34 
Young Barney before he wised-up to the studio gig wardrobe thing!

BK ... "Is this the right chart?  'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid?'" 

Attached Images
jpeg barney_kessel_photo.jpg (86.09 KB, 96 views)

SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #35 
I had the growth on my back removed today.  The Dr said it was acute felinisitous

Reply with quote  #36 
Thanks Nick for providing the documentation. Since there was no photo taken of you, I take it upon myself to include one, although not from the picnic, You were there!!!

For everyone: here is a photo of Nick Stasinos (left) with guitarist Peter Sprague.

Attached Images
jpeg Nick_with_Peter_Sprague_r.JPG (69.56 KB, 73 views)

guitarmaniax

Reply with quote  #37 
Well we got there late, but I didn't hear about the picnic until the night before from Ted Labash, so I could've missed it all together! I have known Ted Labash since High School I guess, probably 1974 or so. Long time... all that time he has been teaching. He took over the room that had formerly been TG's at Ernie Balls on Topanga and was there through the DZ and Roberts days. Also at some point he taught at Cassell's in San Fernando. Nowadays he still has 60 -80 students each week and has done a similar workload for years and years. He's good! 

Here's my pic for those who care, and a shot of the guitar I brought to the picnic, a left-handed Aria Howard Roberts model. It still needs to be dialed in a bit, but its quite nice. 

Thanks to Barbara, Nick, and everyone!   P

Attached Images
jpeg Arlington_07_170.jpg (80.56 KB, 62 views)
jpeg Arlington_07_070.jpg (95.42 KB, 34 views)

dsindel

Reply with quote  #38 
Awwwww Man, sorry guys I wished I had been there. Sadly, one can not be in 2 places at once but I really did want to go and hang out for awhile.

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStasinos
Dan, I would love to know the page number where Barney tells you what to wear to the gig.
Nick, I could have sworn Barney kessel had written something about the proper clothes to wear for a working guitarist. Maybe it was in Guitar Player magazine rather than the book.

Thanks for the photos, too. It was great to see everyone there.

Reply with quote  #40 

Page 208: "You must have a likeable personality, make a good appearance,be punctual and co-operative, have an appropriate wardrobe and dress appropriately for the occasion."

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE