PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #1 
Barbie mentioned March as a good month. Sounds great to me. Who would like to attend on March 9th? (usual time and place).

Reply with quote  #2 
I would be down for sure. I have been really egging to meet you guys so lets start PLANNING!!!

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh good! Steve Brodie wants to attend, as does Dan Sindel & Doug Miers & his wife (from the mid-west) that's 7 of us so far.

Reply with quote  #4 
Yes eye (I mean aye, or is it oi),will be there....

Hope the weather will cooperate.  I will hand out my xmas cd to those who want a preview of next years release...And some chicken wings, or maybe something different this time.  Maybe barbecued spaghetti

Reply with quote  #5 
As far as setting a time goes: Did anyone realize that the 9th is the first day of Daylight Savings Time? The clock will be one hour ahead! Not good news for this late sleeper, but I will be there eventually.

Reply with quote  #6 

Count me in.

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #7 
So, are we on? Please weigh in everyone if you can't make it or prefer other dates. Let's nail this date down by February 9th.

FYI, here is the info transposed from the previous picnic with the new dates.

SUNDAY March 9, 2008  12 noon to whenever!

This picnic is open to anyone who is
interested in Ted Greene, his music, learning, sharing, and having fun. Bring food enough to feed yourself and perhaps share with others. Not massive amounts! Bring drinks for yourself, since we aren't sharing those. Barbecue-ing is not allowed at the park.

A blanket is good if you want to sit on the grass. There are also picnic tables where we meet.
Folding chairs would also work fine. If you have a battery powered amp, please bring it. and of course; all guitars are welcome. We do a lot  of playing and jamming, etc. Assorted and sundry items: sunblock, hat, digital camera. We met last time at the north east side of the park.

*** Please note *** There are TWO PARKS in Encino. Make double sure you are going to the correct park. (Last time 6 people went to the wrong one!)

Place:
Encino "Duck" Park
The back gate is at:
16756 Moorpark St.
Encino CA 91436-1068

This "back" gate is closer to where we will be, but you can find us from either gate.

directions from their website:

Location-Directions
Take the 101 Ventura Freeway to the Balboa off ramp. Go South on Balboa to Moorpark--one block before Ventura Blvd. Turn left onto Moorpark and park on the street. There is no parking lot. Enter through the gate. 

according to Steve, you can also park in the Smart & Final lot and enter from Ventura blvd. Front gate: Less than 1/2 block east of Balboa, on the North side of Ventura Blvd. Right next to Smart and Final.

Reply with quote  #8 

I will be there. I hope the 9th works for everybody.

DanSawyer

Reply with quote  #9 
Please note; I changed the time from 11 AM to Noon. Barbie noticed that daylight savings changes that day, so it will feel like 11 to our body clocks.

Reply with quote  #10 

FUN FUN FUN!

Dan Sindel (your humble webmaster)
SteveBrodie

Reply with quote  #11 
Someone will have to accept the responsibility of checking a week or a few dys before the target picnic date to make sure duck park is still open.  It is on the list of the Governators parks to be closed.   I will accept the responsibility, and post updates as March 9 approaches

Reply with quote  #12 

Sounds like great fun. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Reply with quote  #13 

Count me in! 

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBrodie
Someone will have to accept the responsibility of checking a week or a few dys before the target picnic date to make sure duck park is still open.  It is on the list of the Governators parks to be closed.   I will accept the responsibility, and post updates as March 9 approaches
Wow, that's shocking. I hope they don't close that parkā€¦ it's a really nice place. If they do, we can easily find another spot.

Reply with quote  #15 
I drove by duck park today, and it looked open to me.  At least it didn't appear to be turned into a parking lot or something...Is there still a picnic??  Sunday at 11 I think??

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE