PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
markjens

Reply with quote  #1 
I've been enjoying my time on the Martin Taylor Guitar Academy - a great supplement to what I've been learning from this site and from Mr. Lerch - a great instructor, by the way.  Sort of like having both Ted and another great fingerstyle instructor at once - quite a combination. In any event, the Martin Taylor site has been a great addition to my practice.  I like his phrasing and the dynamics of his playing.  With that in mind, I wanted to point you toward something Martin posted on his site that spoke to me in a great way and I believe Ted would have said, "This guy GETS it!"  I'll include the URL for you to check it out, and I really urge you to do so.  You'll never be more proud of being a musician. 

http://blog.entrepreneurthearts.com/2009/02/20/im-not-an-entertainer-im-a-lot-closer-to-a-paramedic-a-firefighter-a-rescue-worker/

I hope you'll give this a look.  I read it and felt so gratified by it and then thought of Ted and this site.

Mark

barbarafranklin

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Mark, That was a beautiful and touching article you shared, and I can assure you that Ted felt those very qualities about music.
Here is a partial quote from one of Ted's notes about teaching:

“…this is where I come in, my basic function being that of problem solver (and comforter and possibly a bit more here & there).”    

Yes, Mark..... Ted "got" it!

Thank you for sharing a very eye-opening and soul enriching article.  Barbara

Also, several times in My Life With The Chord Chemist, I made reference to both Ted and I using music as  "a healer."  

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE