PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
andybrown

Reply with quote  #1 

Did Ted have any favorite influences outside of music when it came to his personal philosophies? There was an interesting thread going about some of his favorite books...

Bob

Reply with quote  #2 
Ted had many influences. Paramahansa Yogananda is one that he shared with me.

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/py-life/index.html

Reply with quote  #3 
As Bob mentioned, Ted had many influences, and developed many personal philosophies over the years. Here is a "Saying" Ted always kept within sight, and totally believed in it's words. Eventually I will post some of Ted's philosophical writings that are appropriate and applicable. Barbara

Attached Images
jpeg Ted_Credo.jpg (258.87 KB, 351 views)

ChemicalChords

Reply with quote  #4 
Man, that is one of the most encouraging excerpts Ive read. Thank you for posting.

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for that great quote Barbara. Where did that come from, I wonder? Interesting too his recommendation of Paramahansa Yogananda. I was curious if he had an interest in "Eastern" philosophies...

I really enjoy hearing about Ted's diverse influences and recommendations. Thanks to anyone who contributes to this thread!
d0nba3r

Reply with quote  #6 
A quick note for all about the statement about persistence. The quote is actually from Calvin Cooledge, former US President. There are three sentences that are chopped off from the end; they are: "The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for that he gave."

Enjoy!
-Don
Bob

Reply with quote  #7 
"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for that he gave."

I think Ted would have loved that part.

Reply with quote  #8 
Bob,

I couldn't agree more - that's why I thought it was important to finish out the quote. I didn't mean to diminish Ted at all, I'm glad it wasn't taken that way.

Thanks!
josep

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you to everybody that loves live and enjoy with TED i,m from spain and that kind of comunity is wonderfoul love peace and more love and more peace
thaks josep
Fabius

Reply with quote  #10 
I read somewhere a student quoting Ted as saying: "You know, we're just pink little dots on a blue planet" - I like that quote (maybe TG got that quote from another president?)
Regardless, for me it summarizes perfectly what I love about Mr Ted Greene.
(Of course this applies to all human races (black little dots, purple litlle dots)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE