PLEASE REGISTER TO POST. Also, be sure to visit the main website www.tedgreene.com

**************************************************************************************
Buy NOW on Amazon
My Life with The Chord Chemist
A Memoir of Ted Greene, Apotheosis of Solo Guitar
Available at amazon.com

*Check it out!!!

VISIT OUR NEW SUPPORT PORTAL
Your contributions keep the site healthy and growing

More information HERE

Official Ted Greene Archives Blog

Ted Greene Archives on YouTube

Join Ted on FACEBOOK

NEW! Follow on TWITTER

..:: The Ted Greene Forums ::..

Author   Comment  
benzi

Reply with quote  #1 
hi
does any one can contribute
any idea about the topic of pedal in major key
a practical way to practice it over two five. intros etc
thanks
benzi

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Benzi,
 One thing you can try right away is to play a ii V7 I with the root of the V7 in the bass of all the chords, you can try this in D major for instance so that the open A string will serve as the pedal. also try iii VI7 ii V7 I . It helps to voice your chords on the top 4 strings.
Another fun thing to do is to play an entire D major chord scale sequence ascending or descending,  with an open A in the bass of all of the chords. Ted did this type of thing often. My favorite is to play a diatonic cycle of fourths with a melodic sequence like the ones in modern chord progressions and use the open A string as a pedal for the whole thing or try it in A major and use the open E string for the pedal. You can certainly use fretted notes as pedals and notes other than the V of the key as well and don't forget to try a pedal as the highest note or even in the middle somewhere. great fun ! experiment.
 There are almost limitless possibilities but the above suggestions have a immediate result that you might find enjoyable.
take care
Tim

TLerch

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Charles.
You also might like to try making a harmonic at the 12th fret on the open A and use that as a pedal. I like to hit it once and let it ring. Putting it up an octave is a nice effect as it mingles with the other voices more.
Try the bridge to Body and Soul were it goes to D major with an A pedal in the bass.
Air conditionally yours ,
Tim

JeffStocksMusic

Reply with quote  #4 

As an fyi...The book by Eddie Arkin is still available.  I looked at a few samples and it looks nice.  Thanks for the indirect heads up, Charles.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE :: DONATE